I'm debating leaving the forum

I’d like to chime in on this.

I first understand your feelings of the negativity. From the Code of Conduct that we all agreed to when we joined this forum:

Our goal is to keep these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Microsoft Flight Simulator related topics, and to provide a platform for your feedback on the sim.

To facilitate this, we require that all members of the forums adhere to the Xbox Community Standards (the “Code of Conduct”). The Code of Conduct is discussed below, but this discussion is not exhaustive and may not address every possible scenario.

Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” We reserve the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines. The Code of Conduct applies to anything within the MSFS forums including public topics and private messages.

One of the important parts to make this community better is a section on “How to Improve the Discussion

Anyone can have their own opinions and frustrations and can surely post about them as this does provide valuable feedback to Microsoft & Asobo. The Code of Conduct exists to help all of us to provide that feedback in a constructive manner. When this isn’t done this way, users will have the same feelings as you about reading this feedback.

We have some really good moderators on this team. We are a small group and cannot read everything posted daily. This is where we rely on you “the community” for assistance by using the flagging function of the forum. Before you flag any topic or post, assure there is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

For the most part, I do feel most of the community is following this. But, there are times where there’s a pattern from some. We do notice this and will document their profile and possibly take some action to help guide that user based on the Code of Conduct. If they continue, we do have actions we can take.

What you wrote above is wise for your well-being and others as well. I too have personally done this to “take a break”.

I think the most important part of this community is that we all have the same passion. Aviation. Real or simulated. I am very happy this title is available, and the advancements made to a public simulation that we can run on our own devices.

Together, we can make it work.

6 Likes