Inadequate ILS Localizer range in-game, Less than value in BGL/XML for Stock Airport

The problem hasn’t changed from what I can tell.

I was vectored to KORD ILS 10C recently on VATSIM and didn’t pick up the localizer until much closer than the chart indicates it would be available.

I would really like to learn how MSFS models it’s localizers and glide slopes and hopefully work on a fix.

Is there any indication that modifying navaids globally will be possible with the scenery hub/gateway one day?

A Navigraph subscription will likely address your problem. They have much better navigation signal modeling.

I worked directly with Navigraph to propose solutions and it is still inadequate due to in-game limitations.

A different localizer system is necessary.

1 Like

Same for the ADF …

Ref ALL Radio systems, including both Nav Radios & ADF

As far a actualy Receiving a signal, be it noisy at longer ranges or not, cuuenrly its far to DIGITAL.

25 miles an it’s a good signal
25.1 miles and there is no signal at all

The 25 mile number in the Database is the maximum GUARANTEED reliable range, not the maximum detectable range.

Nav signal need NOISE at longer range, both on the processed information, as well as the Audio>

This should have improved in 2020, and not be so poorly simulated , as it was so many years ago in FSX

Is there any chance that improved simulation of radio-based navaids is coming for MSFS 2024?

Will edits of these NAVAIDs be possible in World Hub?

This topic only has 10 votes, so I fear it hasn’t and won’t garner attention despite the current model’s negative impacts on simulated IFR flight and air traffic control.

Instead of arbitrary, invisible lines in the sky that define localizer courses, something at least quasi-realistically modeling radio propagation based on antenna placement/function would be fantastic.