Invisible Object on Runway Mega-thread

I’m asking all pilots to please utilize this thread to report the existence of Invisible Objects (IO) present on runways and taxiways that are causing plane crashes.

I’ve now crashed real-time long-haul flights at KOAK 30, KBUR 15 & KSEA 16C.

I am positive there are more — In my short career as an MSFS 2020 pilot, I’ve landed at only 20 different airfields and, yet, here are three with IOs. That is 15% bad runways, which is horrible.

These runways are the equivalent of an unmarked minefield.

The bare minimum QA for major & significant airports should be a check that the surfaces are safe for taxiing, takeoff and landing. Period.

This needs to be addressed and, apparently, the only way to get the attention of the developers is via votes.

Please help to make this happen.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#xbox

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Invisible Object on runway KBUR 15

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Taxi down runway from its origin and hit object.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1 Like

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#xbox

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Invisible Object on runway KSEA 16C

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Taxi down runway from its origin and hit object.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1 Like

The invisible sinkhole at KOAK 30 was reported to Zendesk last year but it must not be a priority because it actually got bigger since SU5. Flying a DA62X I know to land at or beyond the runway aiming point markers to avoid the sinkhole which is a hundred feet or so before the aiming point markers.

This sinkhole will crash a plane attempting to taxi over it at more than 5 knots, so I ignore the tower taxi via W1 instruction and instead taxi and hold for takeoff clearance via taxiway W3.

When flying past Dublin castle up the river there an invisible barrier that will ruin your day. Some say its leprechaun magic.

2 Likes

#pc / MS / NO / Invisible Object KPDX runway 10L flipped my A320 after a 2.5 hour real time flight

MSFS 1.23.12.0 MoAppCrash Exception Code xc0000005 occurred entering KSEA 16L for departure, just as aircraft was crossing over “piano bars” to line up with center line. Crash detection turned off.

KOAK runway 30 has been fixed. Have been taking off and landing for the last 6 days with no problems:

Not for me. Landed today at KOAK runway 30 with sim version 1.26.5.0 and WU X and crashed due to an invisible wall on the runway :frowning:

So sorry to hear that. I will be landing at KOAK 30 again later today, but as I said here, I had no issues yesterday after installing the latest updates:

I just finished another taxi and takeoff from KOAK 30 and a landing on KOAK 30 with no issues with any invisible obstacle or sinkhole.

When entering the runway from taxiway W1 I zig-zagged back and forth looking for any invisible obstacle or sinkhole and everything was flat and smooth.

Hello! While the reports in here are very excellent, I’d like to encourage separate bug reports for invisible objects, as internally, these are tasked as separate bugs and fixed individually.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like