Is "the community" toxic?

Agree - but it was the same with X-Plane. Years later, X-Plane is more or less stable. MSFS is a work in progress in the same way. It’s young. Give it time.

I completely respect anyone’s opinion that X-Plane is the best that flight simming has to offer right now, but it’s my opinion that MSFS has the potential to be incredible a year or 2 from now, and much better than X-Plane. I just need a bit of patience! That’s the hard part.

2 Likes

Well it makes sense why it was released. They had to take advantage of the then current world conditions. You could see this with stories on a mainstream news organization with headlines like. “You can’t travel on a plane in real life, but You Can in MSFS” Now whether you agree with the decision to release and take advantage of what is going on is another story. All comes down to $$$.

As a novice/beginner pilot with a medium level machine. I’ve always had good luck on my posts, and everyone has been friendly and helpful.

Every forum hads extremes, but all in all, I’ve had good experiences.

I personally dont like the word toxic, especially without any qualifiers. That is a word that is used far too frequently these days often for many different reasons. Its way tooo negative.

I prefer to call the fans as passionate. these are people (including myself) who have bought into the game, and its world. Sometimes some fans can go too far, and maybe say thigns that are a bit extreme. As long as the moderators keep and eye out for that, and gently calm down some passions its all good.

Of course there are plenty of trolls, but best to ignore them, and they leave.

Your right, however it is easier to be critical than praise…I should know I work in the most critisised industry in the UK. It lets people throw off steam, but I totally agree with MorsAbAlto84, he was more articulate.

What… You admit to being an estate agent?

1 Like

Yes, clearly almost every complex “game” gets released early these days because they know they can push patches and updates all the time. It’s the usual model now. I generally don’t like it either, but I wouldn’t single MSFS out, particularly because they explicitly said the whole thing was on a 10 year upgrade from day 1, and they have been doing that, or at least trying to.

I don’t know about “Toxic”, but almost all of the posts here are useless complaining. You have to be willing to sift through hours of misery to find something worthwhile.

5 Likes

This exactly. Nerves are shot. For good reason.

Agree about the word “toxic” - and already addressed above.

I personally wasn’t bothered by them releasing it even with all its faults. I know some out there were really upset, and rightfully so, but there is a large group of simmers out there who have found lots of enjoyment using the sim for what it is good at.

In my previous statement I was more of talking about them releasing it to take advantage of the fact that most people were staying at home and hardly anyone was travelling due to the pandemic. That doesn’t bother me either as I cannot fault a company that is trying to maximize their profits. Sure it could have baked another 6 months or so before release, but like I posted above there was plenty of people who wanted it released in its current state and could definitely enjoy it. It is great for VFR you cannot lie. I personally was hoping for better tube liners and having the avionics in a better working state but it will get there.

How did you guess

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I wish…£££ be able to get my PPL if I did. Brilliant that cheered me up.

‘TOXIC’ ?, HAH!, should have experienced the old Bulletin Boards.

1 Like

Beats AVSIM

6 Likes

This is common. It takes quite a while to write a well thought out response, but saying something dumb is almost instant. Almost any internet community is like this, especially in the gaming world. What really matters is if there are people who take their time to think things through. And i would say there’s plenty of very smart and dedicated people on this forum that add plenty of value.

Really? I can believe it… :smile:

I find this a useful tool to help iron out issues I may have or found or just cant sort , usually the answer is here , once you clear away the back ground noise , also a relief to know it’s not you or your system others have problems too :grin:

I don’t think any of the bickering has been stupid, in the sense of dumb. But a lot of it seems really trivial and angry for no good reason. But as others have commented, maybe Covid (or something else) has something to do with it. It’s almost made me quit this forum, yet I keep coming back. I am possibly a contributor to the problem!

The good part is that there are so many people on these forums, you can find just about anything you might be interested in.

2 Likes

Its replies like that, that makes it a community “not toxic” put faith in the forum simming world