Is the Intel i9 10900k not powerful enough? Limited by Main Thread

What are your AI settings?

When maxed out (as in the screenshot) and spawning at O’Hare I get 40FPS, and this increases to 70FPS when I turn everything off.

I’m not using offline AI like you show in your settings. I’m using real-time online. As I sit there, slowly setting up the A310 for a flight, the airport fills up almost completely and my fps just keeps dropping.

It seems like real time traffic aggressively fills up large airports. I’ve never seen O’Hare with all the gates filled at once in the real world.

I definitely wouldn’t set offline AI to 100 though. I think you’re guaranteed to crush performance at a big airport.

Ah, I didn’t know about that thanks. I’ve been reading up about it and people are saying it’s not as resource intensive as AI, which I guess makes sense as it uses data rather than compute power, but that was an old thread and things are have probably changed since recent updates as you say.

Hi - Haven’t the developers got MSFS optimized yet? - It’s a bit ridiculous when well known powerful CPU’s can’t get a reasonable FPS in MSFS but in other games the same CPU’s can score 150+ or 80+ in a more demanding title - Just my 2-cents!

1 Like

FS2024 is supposed to greatly improve CPU performance.

FS2020 will never be optimized. The base code is what it is, and they’re not going to rewrite it.

There is not a more demanding game than FS2020. Crysis is close. But nothing else comes close.

Hi - Haven’t the developers got MSFS optimized yet? - It’s a bit ridiculous when well known powerful CPU’s can’t get a reasonable FPS in MSFS but in other games the same CPU’s can score 150+ or 80+ in a more demanding title - Just my 2-cents!

Are you a game programmer who understands the complexities involved in a flight simulator vs. say, a FPS shooter? Do you know what makes for a “demanding title”?

OK - 2020 won’t be optimized but MSFS 2024 - Will be! - I’ve read about it! - Will this be another purchase in Steam - and separated from MSFS 2020?

We don’t know what FS2024 will be.

1 Like