It's just not fun anymore

Why limiting yourself to a cessna?You can do it very well with 787\A320\Etc and it is much more scenic.

1 Like

About the same time on a Commodore Pet 8k but I didn’t keep it up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (My father had a franchise on them :sob:)

Not that I code nowadays at all but I still have an inkling on the basic functions. Runtime libraries I get but syncing between cores and sequential data storage (digital) I am sketchy about. I do know trying to make them work with every different bit of hardware must be an absolute nightmare.

“The only place I know of where only $$$ does not control everything is aviation - where safety is always priority #1, everyone knows what happened with the 737 max fleet when greed took over safety”

BS on that front too. Safety may be first on their public postings, but ‘affordable safety’ is always what they mean. $$$ is still king, probably much moreso in aviation than in any other industry.

1 Like

Be patient please, it’s a project that will have 10 years of support, it’s complex software.
Don’t be a detractor I’m sure that very soon there will be an announcement of some kind or a hotfix and anyway just wait a bit and everything will be fine.

Be conformed.
(and in any case you are a detractor and an x-planer by now declared and marked, even orthoxp etc! unforgivable… that’s why the “amazing graphic” question was not so impressive for you and others :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

5 Likes

You should try to plan a long haul flight in real life.

4 Likes

Admitting that we are not talking about weather changes but about aircraft performance in relation to atmospheric pressure variations.Can I ask you how many long haul flight you have planned in real life?

1 Like

They posted a generalized statement so I generalized it as a response.

1 Like

That’s enough for me.Thanks for the reply.

Well, the point being was that it absolutely underwhelmed me, and I see no reason to start playing it.

1 Like

Yeah I think X-Plane was a waste of money when I bought it. Boston and Logan Airport don’t even look like they should. Even in FSX Boston and Logan look more realistic then X Plane does. I like how some people think X Plane looks really great (With a ton of add-ons) Whereas MSFS looks really great without any add-ons. Gotta watch out for the fan boys!

1 Like

I will say again: SU5 is sheer and utter garbage. Have never had a single CTD until SU5. And all the advice I get is “remove mods, clear your cache”, etc. I had a perfectly functioning, beautiful simulator for a year. SU5 came along, the video image is clearly worse, the buildings and water are shimmering, the detail (especially at any distance) is terrible, and it really doesn’t matter because after 15 minutes the thing crashes. And yes, I’ve removed all my addons, cleared my cache, blah blah blah. And I was just told in a thread I started that I was wrong, the sim is great, that I’m the problem. Right. So it worked perfectly fine for a year, I haven’t changed anything, the sim no longer works, and it’s my fault. Got it.

I used to play this thing daily. Now I’ve flown 4 times in a month and I’m done. It truly is not fun any more.

7 Likes

Yes, but have you ever reset your PC to factory settings or reinstalled Windows? Seriously do those first, then call the sim “garbage”.

1 Like

Why is it I think they should rename this sim the ‘OCD FS’ … is this affliction really essential to becoming a serious simmer?

Reinstall Windows in its entirety? Why? The sim worked fine for a year. I haven’t changed anything. The only thing that has changed is the sim. My computer is for simulation only. I use it for nothing else.

1 Like

Folks, I’d like to remind everyone of the following CoC rule:

:small_blue_diamond:Harassing or Defamatory Content

Harassing, bullying or defamatory content will not be tolerated and has a negative effect on everyone’s experience in the forums. This includes:

• Throwing around insults with the intent to bully or targeting individuals or groups with malice.

Lets stay on-topic and cut out the unnecessary back and fourth. If you disagree with someone make your point and move on.

3 Likes

Not that I’m interested in doing that,but where is the option to make the profile private?
Lately I have noticed several new “figures” of “co-pilots” and even a “photographer”, but they are public profiles, even if I don’t understand what they mean.

Thanks StatesideSiren4 :+1:

I agree that it is just not fun anymore. I have never had a CTD, but there are so many other bugs, after each update, I spend hours coming up with workarounds and resetting everything. I have spent probably close to 20 hours after SU5 trying to make a C172 start and run, and less than 30 minutes actually flying. The only flying I am able to do is to start the flight on the runway, where the engine is already running. That is a problem wih both Vatsim and PilotEdge, where it is forbidden to spawn the aifcraft on a runway or taxiway.

Please bear in mind,I use the simulator as a tool, not a toy, and I have much more flight time in the real thing than the sim. I do know how to start the aircraft correctly. However, before SU5, I had everything working beautifully and was having no troubles starting the aircraft and flying it literally all over the place.

The Zendesk team sent me a list of things to do, which was fairly detailed, and I did every one, still no go. Any C172 G1000 starts and runs fine, the steam gauge version simply refuses.

So now I am down to one last option: uninstall the software and re-install. Does anybody have any experience with this? Will I have trouble with them trying to charge me for the program again?

You may not have changed anything but there have been big changes to the sim’s data handling seemingly making it no longer compatible with the practically useless exFAT file system that many older external drives were blessed with out of the box. I daresay MS could change this but then we would probably lose most of the extra performance that SU5 gave us. If this is your problem the quickest and best solution is a reformat to NTFS and a complete reinstall of any Windows system files and the sim itself if they are currently on exFAT.

1 Like

That’s the thing. For me it was like those days were over. The day I bought the sim I set the graphics to Ultra and forgot it. The only setting I ever touched was turning motion blur off. Ever had a CTD, had the odd pause here or there for a second or two, never bothered me. SU5 was just an utter disaster for me. And I simply refuse to go back to the days of 10 hours of tinkering for every hour of flight time.

Weird thought that the plane won’t start. As in you can’t get the engine to turn over? Can you get electrical power?

1 Like