Jankees' paintwork

IIB 07 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

F7F 004 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

5 Likes

92 (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

LV(0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

bk (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

JanKees, is there any way to use your T6 liveries with only a single purchased T6 from the Reno collection?

I didn’t buy the entire T6 Reno pack (or the entire Reno Air Races add-on), but I did buy Eros.

If I install one of your T6 liveries in the Community folder, it doesn’t show up as a choice for Eros.

When I look at the aircraft.cfg and texture.cfg files in your package, I see base_container and fallback.14= both call for the …\Asobo_T6_Reno directory, which I don’t have and I assume is a part of the full T6 package.

Am I out of luck?

1 Like

I’m not sure. I’ve been trying to figure this out with someone else, but so far no luck. If anyone else has a solution, I’d love to hear it.

2 Likes

work in progress:
Screenshot (6414) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

I’ll check it out tonight.

I’m at work now, but I need to know what t6 directories you have in your OneStore directory. I’m sure the answer is yes, since you don’t have any pink textures on your model, but it will take a little sleuthing. I need to look at the texture structure.

What does your texture.cfg look like? It may be a matter of pointing the base_variation to your model instead of the base model… and then modifying the texture.cfg to look like yours.

2 Likes

VF94 (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VF94 (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VF94 (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

VF94 (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’m slowly updating my Meteor paints to version 2:
Screenshot (6540) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

R4 0002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and I just uploaded this Beech 18:
Screenshot (6615) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

@FlyingsCool5650 did a rework of your N43AF livery for me, so that I can use it without having the full Reno T6 package. I only have Eros.

I didn’t fully understand the process involved (I’m sure he can/will explain it in more detail), but it was a matter of modifying the decals and there were also comp files for the LOD liveries.

In short, it can be done.

1. I changed the [Variation] in the aircraft.cfg to the Asobo_t6_EROS directory
  2. I figured out the decal files which needed to have graphics erased and added those to the package and edited them
  3. I figured out the comp files which needed graphics erased so you didn’t get ghost images and added those (and I created a LOD4 and LOD6 files in the coloring of the livery and created “plain” comp files for them without graphics on them. Don’t know if I needed too, but I did. I’m not a fan of seeing different paints when you get far away)
  4. As a bonus, I modified the comp files for the wings and made the traction tape rough and not reflective.
2 Likes

Good to hear it is possible!

meanwhile I have updated all my (21) Meteor Mk.VIII paints:
Screenshot (6661) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (6654) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (6652) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

R4 0002 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and added a P-38:

wcw (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

2 Likes

two new paints:
Screenshot (6707) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Sm (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and an update:
FU-P (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

TMW (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

armada (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

G-ATJL (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

50y (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

2 Likes

Love that VH-TMW paintjob! Did you find any U.S. N-Number versions of it in your research?

1 Like

what do you mean, N-reg Comanches? Lots of them
Or in these specific colors? in that case no.

But I did this N Comanche a while ago:
LV (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

Yes, those specific colors. Very pretty livery, it’s how I would paint my Comanche :smiley:
I was hoping it might be a standard scheme.

It is indeed a standard scheme, but available in many different colors. I have found N-regs in this scheme, but not in these colors unfortunately.
But I can make it with a N-reg if you want

1 Like

That’s ok, thank you for offering, I was just wondering if you came across any. I’d have to make up a reg…
hmmm,

NFLNCL

:slight_smile:

1 Like