Jankees' paintwork

I turned the sound up .I pushed the power all way ,then back reasonably slowly.Its not immeadiately noticeable although it is there in some form.I do not have the steam version.This was on the T6 that came with the SU7.

Thanks again. I followed your suggestion and turned up all the volume sliders. You know, it is subtle, but there is a difference. At this time I will chalk it up to an unknown as to why I thought it sounded different the first time. And yes, that NZ repaint is superb.

Sweet. By the way I think the gas detection patch should just be plain yellow with no border. Second thoughts I could be wrong about that border.

slowly beginning to understand the texture layout of the T-6:
jk10279 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes

P-51A “Jackie” has been uploaded:

next up is Polar Bear:
jk10318 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

while I continue to tweak the T-6’s…

2 Likes

Whether T6 or P51, your repaints will be enjoyed and appreciated by many. Thank you for your long term contribution to our hobby Jan.

I just uploaded two paints for Rob Richardson’s freeware Gloster Meteor:
jk10373 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10408 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

the model is available at sim-outhouse: Gloster Meteor F Mk8

One more Meteor, and a Polar Bear

jk10517 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10482 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

working on more Meteors:
jk10712 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10606 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10639 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

these are all available on flightsim.to, for instance the RAF version:

How’s this?
jk10754 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10741 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and one more Meteor, the personal aicraft of Col van Eeckhoudt (‘Van’), the CO of 350 Squadron of the Belgian Air Force
jk10694 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10684 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Your work is so great, thanks.
BTW… Any KLU Harvards planned?

Maybe next weekend, but no promises

1 Like

Thanks so Much for this Jan, I have a very soft spot for 602 Squadron, I was actually born on Raf Grangemouth in 1950, ten years after the Battle of Britain in what had been the officers quarters. After the war there was a great housing shortage and the huts that had been the officers Quarters were given over to public housing and I was born in one of those very huts. When I was growing up I remember there were still many reminders of the airfields past such as the runway surfaces, dispersal pens, air raid shelters, pill boxes and even an old anti aircraft emplacement. 602 Squadron was based there for a short time having moved from RAF Abbottsinch early in the war They then went to RAF Drem East Of Edinburgh and then on down to Raf Westhampnett in the early stages of The Battle of Britain. While at Drem they sent over one flight of Spitfires to Grangemouth on a daily basis along with one flight from 603 Squadron who were based at RAF Turnhouse. Raf Grangemouth was also commanded by the famous ace Adolf “Sailor” Malan for a short period after the BoB
So you doing Sandy’s spit means a lot to me I have already sent you a small donation as a thank you. If I had one criticism it would be that the serial number is the wrong size and in the wrong position. It was actually a smaller font and positioned just forward of the tailplane as in the photo I linked to But I think that can be overlooked on this occasion.
Again Jan thanks for making an old man happy.

I based my paint on Mark Stylings profile on his website (Aircraft illustration), but after you mentioned this, I had another search for pictures and found this:
2014-10-20_3_zpsgjj6fdnl by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

no large serial!
so here’s an update for you:
jk10777 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

just download it again and you should be right

Cheers, JK

2 Likes

That is perfect! Thanks Jan. You are a star. Enjoy your beer!

I just uploaded three Ryan ST-A paints:
jk10880 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10864 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10844 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

2 Likes

next project:
lynn005 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

Wonderful. The Ryan is an Old favorite of mine - and this gives me a reason to take for a spin again.

do post a screenie if you like my paints?

Meanwhile, I present ‘Black beauty’:
jk11025 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk10994 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Clip_148 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11001 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11017 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

4 Likes