KDFW Ground texture problem

I thought to try downloading a manual cache of the tiles that comprise DFW airport at High detail level. The cached tiles were the same blurry and out of elevation that I was seeing before. Just to add another layer of detail to the issue.

2 Likes

Also have an issue with DFW. I did the update yesterday, and the textures on the west side of the field are all blurry. East side seems ok. Also have Texas cities installed.

Sorry to hear this - can you scroll a few posts up and click the ā€œContribute to this bugā€ button on the post from Hester40MT? Filling that in and adding screenshots will help the devs pinpoint the problem youā€™re seeing.

Thank you!

Did you test with rolling cache off (or refresh/delete it). The bad textures might still be stored in the cache.

I donā€™t use rolling cache since I have fiber internet. It caused problems in the past with CTD when the cache would get out of date, so I turned it off.

It appears that only some parts of KDFW were fixed (other bugs on it). I have sent an inquiry about it. May take a while to hear back on.

2 Likes

Saw the KDFW update in the content manager, came here to see if the problem has been fixed. Glad I wonā€™t have to waste my time downloading it then.

In an attempt to demonstrate the current issues that we are seeing with a vanilla sim, Iā€™ve done a tour of DFW on the default A320 Neo. Hereā€™s the part where you can see this issue where I proceeded to get stuck on the airport ruwnay.

3 Likes

Is this place built on the in-sim hellmouth? I cannot understand how one airport can be so impossible to get correct.

107 posts including this one.

2 Likes

From Sim Update 13 Changelog:

ā€œFixed ā€“ KDFW Dallas Fort Worth Airport ā€“ Added missing buildings airport perimeter.ā€

Can anyone verify?

There are new buildings present. I saw those in the beta. But as of this time, I donā€™t believe the ground texturing/terrain issues have been addressed completely.

Can confirm, ground geometry, elevation, texturing & LOD seems to be fixed at DFW as of the release of SU13, finally.

1 Like

Edit: After visiting the second time, it looks ugly againā€¦ definitely the issue is still there :frowning:

2 Likes

Canā€™t believe this is still an issue after so many updates. I guess with only 33 votes itā€™s not hitting the priority threshold for Asobo?

1 Like

Did a very quick test after updating the sim to SU13 + Content Manager updates. For me, runway 17R/35L is not usable with PG onā€¦ will try again later to see if turning PG off is still a work around. I have rolling cache turned off. I also did a full reboot after all of the updates.

3 Likes

Yeah, this issue definitely isnā€™t fixed (for me at least). Just tried to take off from runway 18R and itā€™s completely unusable.

1 Like

I still see the same in my simulator as well. Although there was a change in the behavior today FYI @Hester40MT

Steps:

1. Loaded in cold/dark at KDFW Gate D25A in 787-8 (different planes have the same outcome)
  2. Switch to Drone Cam View
  3. Set Drone speed to 250
  4. Maneuver the drone view from D25A to the Southbound runways, 17,18. Observed that the runways and tiles were all perfectly normal.
  5. Continue around to the North side. Observe runways 35, 36, 31 still have terrain tearing, blurry textures, bumps/walls in runways and taxiways
  6. Continue back around to the Southbound runways again and find that they now also have issues. the same tearing and bumps as seen before, but that were not present when I initially loaded.

Thereā€™s something about the dynamic loading of higher detail tiles that happens on initial load and as the camera moves that, for whatever reason, sometimes returns these broken tiles and injects them into the scenery.

I am not using Rolling Cache, or downloaded Map Tiles.

Update: I just tried to replicate this, and was unsuccessful. The tiles were bad from the initial load. I did just uninstall Rex Accuseason to see if that may be contributing to the issue, but it did not have any effect. Iā€™m at a loss. It just seems like the tiles Iā€™m downloading are bad, but I have seen from others that their scenery is perfect.

3 Likes

Still messed up for me, even tried to uninstall and reinstall DFW still no dice.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me,

Yesterday after updating SU13, I started the flight from RW 36R and everything lookā€™s normal.

But today I spawned on the same RW 36R, and now the ground and runway markings look blurry againā€¦ very weirdā€¦

Iā€™ll try to uninstall City Update 3 Texas to get rid of the bad photogrammetry data on texas area and I hope it would fix this issue as temporary workaround.

I tried that too and it had no effect. But good luck, all the same.