King Air 350i upgrades and avionics improvements

King Air 350 avionics are very incomplete : no ADF/DME, no weather radar, no barometer, very few engine parameters.

Update :
Based on the 18-NOV-2022 Dev Q&A, it was revealed that the roadmap for 2023 would include Aircraft and Avionics Upgrades (as proof-of-concept by Working Title on the Cessna Longitude in conjunction with the G3000/5000 rewrite).

Please make the King Air 350 one of the AAUs. This magnificent turboprop is languishing with an incorrect FMS for starters. Even just putting a correct or market-proven STC FMS would go a long way to restoring it’s functionality (and fun!).

(A mod asked me to split the original topic into multiple ones, since I had too many requests.
I’m also adding Casualclick’s requests, which I totally agree with.)

At the absolute LEAST, I would like to see some kind of wind indication in the King Air. This is my plane of choice however I have to sacrifice knowing what the wind is doing because there is no indication. For me, in a perfect world I guess, I would also have the ability to display on board weather radar so I can know what levels storms are at and where I can have a smoother ride.

1 Like

I really regret having spent money on the premium and deluxe planes. They are the last ones to get any correction and improvement. Most of them are buggy from the launch day.

6 Likes

I just flew the KA350 for the first time in a few months. I think it is worse now then when we started out in Aug. Apparently they forgot why we purchased the Premium Edition.

1 Like

I agree, the King Air is probably the worst aircraft in MSFS.

This party comes down to the fact they have created a weird Frankenstein version that physically represents a Collins ProLine Fusion cockpit, yet the avionics implemented are those of the Garmin G3000, pretending to be a ProLine. Ultimately all we got was a broken, half finished product that is missing important features, and incredibly unintuitive to use.

20 odd years of a bugged turboprop engine model in the MSFS series doesn’t help either.

Really makes me long for the AeroWorx B200 and all it’s engine modelling, steam cockpit goodness!

9 Likes

B200 is my favorite plane!

1 Like

Yeah this and the other aircraft really show how they half ■■■■■ the whole process. 0 actual research and awful implementation. Wish I didn’t bother with the “premium”

2 Likes

Based on the 18-NOV-2022 Dev Q&A, it was revealed that the roadmap for 2023 would include Aircraft and Avionics Upgrades (as proof-of-concept by Working Title on the Cessna Longitude in conjunction with the G3000/5000 rewrite).

Please make the King Air 350 one of the AAUs. This magnificent turboprop is languishing with an incorrect FMS for starters. Even just putting a correct or market-proven STC FMS would go a long way to restoring it’s functionality (and fun!).

Yea this is one of my fav’s it really needs work…Even G1000NXi would work.

Or anything that works completly.

2 Likes

I totally agree! Would love to see a AAU for the KA350i!

1 Like

No. No. No.
King air 350 has a PL21, it’s no Garmin aircraft sorry

Hopefully they can, but it would require redoing the cockpit 3D model, as there’s no space for even a single FMC / LSK keypad display. In the real world, there are King Airs with G3000s, so that’s not so unrealistic as the G3X…

Better stay with the incredible g3x that we already have…

/S

Xbox here so Black Square not an option. Elated with AAU enhancements and augmentations to other default Asobo aircraft and would do a backflip if the King Air got the next AAU treatment - such a varied mission profile and such a handsome aircraft.

Imo they should make an entirely new version with either the G1000 or the Collins Proline avionics. I don’t get why they decided to go with the G3X when those 2 options were already there and are avionics the real plane actually uses. The King deserves better!

4 Likes

I agree with all of you, the King Air 350i is a great plane, however the Avionics are the worst!! They should go with the Proline it would be great! But it seems like Asobo is not doing anything about this aircraft at all, no updates whatsoever, the fly dynamics are no good, even with the mods out there. It looks like what they care about is the upcoming 2024 MSFS, Why?? I assume is $$$$ to be made, myself for one, will not purchase the msfs2024, they should have concentrated it what is there now for the community. Also no weather radar!!! If a pilot had to fly this plane in a real life situation, it would be catastrophic, the AP does not ever follow the fight plan navigation very well, sometimes it will leave the the flight path, most of the time. Come on Asobo take care fo the Community. please.

1 Like

The trouble is the aircraft atm doesn’t even model some actual king air avionics. The autopilot panel is the one from the proline…

They need to make it a proline fusion b350 or a g1000/g3000 retrofit. Which would involve a remodel of the interior. It was an issue raised and ignored in the alpha, just like most of them.

Works great!

1 Like