"Legacy" mode when interacting with cockpit instruments/switches got nerfed

Exactly! Can’t do a thing with it like this. I’m going to wait till it’s fixed. The stress isn’t worth it.

I really feel that a lot of this extra stuff involving the mouse etc, was put in there to “dumb-down” the sim for the X-Box release. Remember years ago when MS released that sim without cockpits etc just so video gamers could fly around?

2 Likes

Well that was it. update deluxe package in content manager…that did the trick! thank you! But now I wonder why the hell these obviously necessary updates are not included in the main update…instead of having to go digging for them.

With legacy controls the TBM (and probably others) throttle is stuck in feather, since you can’t slide it to the left. Why does Asobo always make 3 steps back for every step forward.

3 Likes

Even worse is how can there be no quality control catching something as basic as that? Literally no one on any test team noted that “Hey, we can’t move this any more”?

1 Like

I can without any problems :wink:

How to.

Move throttle up.

Press and HOLD left mouse button + press right mouse button.

PRO TIP.

Options > control options > mouse
Select default profile > apply and save.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one. Can’t get the throttle over to the normal range now.

Read carefully, please :wink:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/legacy-mode-when-interacting-with-cockpit-instruments-switches-got-nerfed/426668/94

Every flight in the JF Arrow series required winding of the rudder trim to set values for the climb and cruise, with the mouse overlay of the % of rudder trim critical for getting it right. Without this visible in the new UI, it spoils the experience somewhat. Have upvoted this topic in hope of a fix!

2 Likes

Wretched “improvement” catering to people who should be playing flight games on a phone.

6 Likes

i don’t see what was wrong with the way it was? we need a genuine “legacy” mode.

3 Likes

i completely agree

yes, this is either a terrible decision or poor testing.

MSFS2020, as real as it gets….

Captain: FO, cross check instruments
FO: instruments cross check, no blue

2 Likes

Voted. The legacy needs to show the % / values. This new “legacy” is a Huge step backwards.

6 Likes

Hopefully they can revert back to the old way of “legacy UI” indeed.

2 Likes

Absolutely , I knew I wasn’t the only one that experienced this ■■■■-show. I really hope Microsoft will fix this mess up as it makes the experience unbearable , I reinstalled the game as I thought this is a bug , but it’s not which is incredibly infuriating

1 Like

Legacy mode please

1 Like

Also for the Autopilot I find it nerfed: Heading Knob or Altitude Knob doesn’t tell me anymore over which function the mouse hovers. Decrease or Increase or Set to Current. I imagine its the same for interior lighting knobs with multiple scrollweels.

1 Like

Voted. Percentages should have stayed with the tooltip. Also there’s no way to disable the tooltips now?

3 Likes