Let's discuss BETA testing

You do not need code for beta. Leave it blank. It should automatically update as you click on Beta.

Are you sure? :grin:

Lol!!! My thumbs hurt!:grinning:

1 Like

Personally I feel the biggest problem with the current beta testing is it is only one way.

By that that I mean the developers give us a beta to work with and problems are reported. if the problem is flagged as a priority fix then the developers look at the code and fix it ready for release.

This is where the whole MS beta testing fails because its open loop testing rather than closed loop.

After the developers fix the code it must be retested to check two things; a. Has the problem been resolved? and b. Did the fix break anything else?

This closed loop testing clearly isn’t being done or it’s being done very badly.

Beta testing isn’t one round of testing it’s multiple cycles of testing.

Kev

3 Likes

We may see an improvement in this with the extended testing time available for future SU. Up to this point the beta has only been available for around ten days or so before they have to start finalizing the release package. This leaves a very limited window for the user base to test. Also why there have been instances where it is final released with some serious bugs still existing.

It has been suggested that we may have as much as a month to test if they remove code changes from the WU cycle. This may allow for multiple iterations and the closed loop you are looking for.

Fingers crossed.

I’m very happy that you clarified what you said, my apologies and happy flying!

1 Like

Isn’t the current open beta following something more like this? I’m sure I’ve seen at least a couple of versions pushed to the test community.

still have one of my units running beta

still grinding away

There has only been one update to the beta once it started and that was to address the issues with the latest nvidia driver. There are still ongoing issues with live weather that testers are working to get addressed.

Yup I worked in UA testing and this is how it’s done a whole new batch of relavent tests should be done for anything that could of been affected.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.