LFMN (Nice) to LFMD (Mandelieu) CTD

No, hand flying, just using that waypoint as a rough reference.

1 Like

That’s good to know, alrighty. Later I will give this a shot and see if I crash :slight_smile:

I tried the pattern ( flew around )… no issue so far.

I remember old issues with the marketplace addon LFMD. But, you deinstalled it… hmmm…

A few things to try.

Spawn at LFMD instead of flying to it.
Delete, then re-create the scenery cache.

I had the issue others had when the Nordics update came out, where the landing challenge crashed the sim. I crashed when trying it, or trying to fly there from the East. I was able to fly in from the West though, and land there. After that I could fly the landing challenge. I assumed it was a scenery caching issue.

2 Likes

Yeah, good suggestion indeed, @CalitFIPST didn’t mention if he/she deleted rolling cache and rebuild or not. Didn’t have an issue here either so perhaps it may be the rolling cache!

1 Like

I actually had already deleted & recreated the rolling cache.

I have now disabled it completely, but the CTD still occurs. I’m really stumped…

to be sure… can you also post the message from windows event viewer ? May be we can see something interessting.

1 Like

Sure.

From several tests today, the same, systematic CTD happened when flying north, just east of the airport :

The faulting module logged most often is clr.dll (= .Net), sometimes ntdll.dll or FlightSimulator.exe itself, just some examples :

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4400.0, time stamp: 0x60b90751
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001bb377
Faulting process id: 0x1d50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d792c25487466b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 7070d578-527c-4b7b-9c5f-db6f9ee0cd6b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0xe7a22463
Fault offset: 0x000000000005124e
Faulting process id: 0x23e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d79272249d496d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 5595a19d-ee11-4350-a033-0cc820c08ed2
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x000000000182e913
Faulting process id: 0x5a60
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7926dd60b54fc
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 00520f45-023f-479f-8f58-9afada415d19

Have you by chance ran Windows Update recently? Have you had any updates for .Net through Windows Updates?

Yes, I keep the PC up-to-date.

.NET was was upgraded to the latest versions on Aug 13 (2021-KB5004331 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10). But the problem was there before already.

Hey guys, I really appreciate you thinking with me. Will continue tomorrow !

1 Like

Every crash I have ever had in this game has shown errors that are .Net related… VC80 and the ntdll. Side by Side errors come up as well. The errors have increased for me upon installing a .Net preview update, specifically KB5004331. I mentioned it in the following post. It was a ‘preview’ at the time it auto installed and I always stay away from preview updates. I also get the Disk # 7 or 8 has been surprised removed when these crashes occur. Mind you, I only have 6 drives in my PC, 4 Solid State Drives and two Hard Drives. This one occurs with other games as well that you get specifically through windows store app. Apparently there are many virtual disks being created when the game is running. I found this out on a forum post about Forza and then another poster showed he was crashing in MSFS with this Disk Surprised Removed being listed in event viewer. He had screenshots of like 10 or more virtual disks active with the game process by clicking to show hidden drives.

When I first installed this game I did it with a fresh OS install and only the latest versions of .Net and specifically avoided installing some other games because they install older .Net version assemblies that are know to cause side by side errors that result in crashing other apps and games. So, as time has gone on it appears to me the crashing with these .Net errors has increased at every .Net update. One of these .Net updates was seemingly mandatory for the sim to even launch, not sure which it was exactly but it was before KB5004331 and when I searched for updates as a post here on the forums suggested to, there was a few updates for .Net that once they were installed the game launched again.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I just felt as if it was relevant to mention.

Cheers!

hmmmm… I have same version for clr.dll 4.8.4400.0.

May be you can check registry:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full
=> key Version : ( in my case 4.8.04084 )

But I’am not sure about a .net issue… the ntdll.dll sounds a bit more “un-nice”.
There is seemingly not a single ‘cause’ for that… I have lot’s of different reports in mind and solutions like corrupt UserCfg , windows check (sfc /scannow , dism) , sound drivers (e.g. nahimic) , gpu issues , installed mod , conflicting tools (e.g. also backup tools ) , etc…
But of course , if you get these only at these airport, and after SU5… hmmm… who knows :slight_smile:

Same NET version in my registry. But I may slowly be getting there by trying to get all my settings to a default.

In MSFS Options I first reset my graphics to Default. No improvement, CTD as usual.

Then I reset the audio settings to Default… Surprise, the LUXUS waypoint, LFMD and I are now again best friends :slightly_smiling_face: ! No CTD for 2 long flights while crisscrossing over the airport, landing, taking off, an absolute record for the last week or two.

Really strange ! I can remember changing settings to stop the background music during startup, and was using my headphones as communications device. But this has worked for many months.

Will continue more test flights, then try to go back to my old settings and see what happens.

2 Likes

Resetting to default the in game audio settings or via control panel, sound, restore defaults? Curious, what kind of headset do you have?

I reset to defaults using the in-game options settings for category audio.
It’s a normal audio headphone connected to my standard pc headphone output with a jack.

2 Likes

ah… interessting… these sound-“split” option. May be there is an issue. But also check about for installed sound “tools” (drivers). As mentioned these Asus Tools (sonic * ) and the depends Nahimic service cause often strange issues. Deinstall these tools and disable the service, in case it is installed.

I don’t have an Asus and don’t have those tools/drivers.

Will start putting back my settings tomorrow and will update this post if anything changes !

Thanks again to all !

That is what I have been pondering lately, trying to find a good headset that I can just plug into the jack in the back of the Realtek onboard audio which is actually a really nice audio chip. Trying to get away from these ■■■■ USB Gaming Headsets with bloat software that is often cause of issues through drivers and compatibility. Not to mention the software that is updated so much and just adds more bloat and bugs.

one additiona note: just in case. MSI boards install these kind of tools (sound drivers) too ( just realtek *).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.