Lightning in mostly sunny skies

Same here just started in EDDV (Metar shows nice weather), I hear thunder rolling and see lightning while on he ground and even in the air above the cloud ceiling (filed a Zendesk bug report.)
METAR

EDDV 301450Z 12004KT 080V170 9999 SCT032 19/12 Q1013 NOSIG

TAF

EDDV 301100Z 3012/0112 13005KT 9999 BKN040 PROB30 TEMPO 0104/0106 4000 BR BECMG 0107/0110 13010KT

Same here, lightning and thunder in CAVOK. Cā€™mon guys, are you testing before releasing?

5 Likes

Yep just up to just now I was noticing it over Rome Italy with barely a few clouds

Same here, lightning with few clouds lolā€¦

Same here, itā€™s like if (clouds = true) applyLightning();

2 Likes

I have had this as well, though on only 1 of 3 flights I made today after the update. So far it only occurred when Live Weather was turned on - when it was happening, turning off Live Weather got rid of the lightning (toggling it back on brought the lightning back too). Next flights with Live Weather (similar partly cloudy conditions) did not see the lightning come back.

3 Likes

Iā€™m getting thunder SFX out of this sky (Zero Cloud)

Had the exactly same thing on the very first flight I took after the patch upgrade.

Thunder and lightning in clear weather!!!

2 Likes

While Asobob indicated lightning was being introduced where applicable, they didnā€™t say if the information they were using to do this comes from the same source as that used for clouds and winds etc. They just need to do a little more fine tuning to prevent lightning appearing where there are no clouds, or the wrong sort of clouds are present.

1 Like

I now have the feeling that there are thunderstorms everywhere.
Meanwhile the constant rumbling is really annoying!

i live in fla, and i think the lightning is great, but it should be linked to some heavy clouds and maybe some rainā€¦

odd

:beers:

1 Like

Lightning is great, yes, but only where it makes senseā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Just throwing out some arbitrary numbers that need to be tuned, but a guess at the fix is:

• Lightning limited to clouds at least 10,000 feet in depth.
  • Frequency reduced by 50-90%.
2 Likes

Almost constant thunder & lightning here on live weather clear sky, some clouds , overcast doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s getting quite annoying now lol.

i hear and see Thunders everywhereā€¦ Japan, Argentina, Canada it absolutly doesnt matter. as soon as i change the weather to live there are thunders everywhere -.-

Lightnings and Thunders everywhere. You can go to the Saaraā€™s desert and still there will be some thunders and Ligntnings.

Same hereā€¦ every flight I have and hear thundersā€¦ even in few clouds conditions or clear skiesā€¦

I tried a short fight in Cuba just now, lightning all over the place, strikes every few seconds.
Doesnā€™t match the cloud cover in any way and no rain at all.

on the +side it looks cool, even the interference can be heard on ATC comms. Can we just dial it back a little?