Limited by main thread

Not sure if this may help you girls and guys but its yet another variable among thousands to consider when you are troubleshooting … I had a graphics card vendor provided “utility” that I installed (d’oh) to allow tweaking, overclocking and presenting the card’s performance metrics on a dashboard (e.g. fan speeds, GPU temperature etc.) and it was auto-loading minimised when the PC started so I missed it completely.
It must have been developed by monkeys (i.e. shockingly bad programming skills) as with it running the FBW A32NX was running at 9-10 fps (unplayable as it dropped to 5-6fps at certain airports) and with that utility’s process killed off in the Task Manager, up to 60fps! I wasted weeks scratching my head on this, testing all kinds of unrelated things … now I can play the ■■■■ game again!
Its the Asus(tek) GPUTweak III app, v1.5.0.0. My PC is an old Gigabyte GA-170X Ultra Gaming mobo running an 4-core Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K oveclocked to 4.4GHz (stock CPU is 4GHz). Memory is 32GB DDR4 and the GPU is an Asus TUF GeForce RTX3080Ti.
Good luck with your troubleshooting.