Live traffic injector

Great to hear!

The reason I started down this path is I wanted to watch the Virgin Galactic launch virtually. I think ELT has a good chance of showing the mothership and rocket but thought Iā€™d have to settle for a 747 hauling a Cherokee or something. Turns out there is a mother ship and rocket available for FS2020. Itā€™s not a great model but I just want to watch the launch from the air and fly with them during.

It looks like itā€™s rigged as a single aircraft that you fly from the rocket glider and then alt-h to separate them and kick off the mothership husk. Going to reach out and see if they can make 2 separate planes out of it. The two planes are each ADSB equipped so will be interesting how close together they fly - if they would be up for making the planes available separately.

Iā€™ve only looked at it from the outside but it looks good from the outside. Way better than any substitute airplanes.

Can you send me a direct download link? Because I downloaded airship-2, this is indeed the virgin aircraft, however there was no FLTSIM entry in the aircraft.cfg

Hey Garden, Iā€™ll have to find out more. The devs at FlightsimSquadron seem very helpful and already separated the mothership out to make it addressable separately. (Edit - Not quite there yet) I donā€™t know about FLTSIM variables but will see what I can find or will just get you guys connected.

Meanwhileā€¦

Flightsim Squadron Eve & Unity Demo (YouTube)

The Eve/Unity models are from https://flightsimsquadron.com/ (Thanks guys!)

I checked Flightradar24 and they saw the July 11 flight from about 12,000ā€™ to about 65-70,000ā€™ but also with the ADSB altitude anomaly that shows up over at FlightAware. (N202VG - VSS Unity [002] - Flightradar24) I donā€™t know what causes that but we are probably good to go between 12k and 65k. With the launch at just below 50k we should be able to see a really interesting part of the flights.

We donā€™t have all the pieces yet - we need separate mothership and Unity aircraft - but weā€™re getting there.

1 Like

Hey thanks for promoting our mod ! Iā€™ve fixed up the mothership now to not show spaceship2 (download ā€œWhiteKnight2.zipā€ again) and hope thatā€™s what youā€™re after :slight_smile:

You can also edit ā€œaircraft.cfgā€ and add any other variable youā€™d like there. Once you have the one that works for you, feel free to post it here and I can re-package it :slight_smile:

Also, if anyone wants the planes to fly with white smoke ribbons, it will show up if you add TouchingCloudā€™s smoke effects library. Iā€™ve got a copy on https://flightsim-squadron.itch.io/for-fun or you can get it directly from GitHub - thealx-eech/msfs-effects-lib too.

Just leave it out if you prefer not to have it.

2 Likes

Cool! Should work with the latest ELT version from flightsim.to :slight_smile:
(Note: They will fly as two seperate aircraft, so the rocket wonā€™t be attached to the mothership for now.)

1 Like

Iā€™ve flown formation with injected aircraft and they seem very smooth and stable in the air and flying relatively straight. Obviously, on the ground they will probably separate and even be in different locations at times, and when turning, they may appear to have headings off from flight path, but Iā€™m hopeful the errors in positions are small enough in flight that they look somewhat properly mated. Hard to even guess how big the errors will be but GPS is pretty accurate these days but then thereā€™s software in there too and being separate entities adds other ways to skew the times and locations. The pair could be a mess. Weā€™ll only know when we try it. :+1:

I donā€™t see a way around using two separate models in the lift stage if we want to see them properly separate and fly their own paths after. I think we are stuck with anomalies until separation (after separation flying like they are mated obviously doesnā€™t matter).

The Flightsim Squadron folks have very helpful in giving us the individual models. Thanks again guys!

I donā€™t think weā€™ll be seeing better coverage at the 9NM9 launch site for a while, though, unless someone takes a portable ADSB unit reporting to Flightradar24 to a launch. Maybe theyā€™ll surprise us and start submitting data but Iā€™m not counting on it. It looks like we will only see the lift above about 12kā€™ and ADSB goes nuts above about 65kā€™ so thatā€™s our windowā€¦ In the time before the next launch Iā€™ll see about nailing the model matching.

2 Likes

Great to hear! I wonder how the rocket will look like in-game :slight_smile:

@EggMan283494, @GardenSnakes633 - I got Enhanced Live Traffic working with the White Knight Eve mothership and the Spaceship Two Unity! Works great, too! I was testing at Oshkosh and I think we have a real good chance of watching the Virgin flights. Planes are arriving at Oshkosh in formation and ELT shows them steady as you please.

Iā€™ve been up at the Mecca of flight - Oshkosh - to work on the model matching file. It seems fine to have some extra carriage returns in it so each aircraft type shows up in its own stanza, but adding lots of entries so thereā€™s not so many Airbuses in the pattern. Been fleshing it out and will post it if anyone is interested and GardenSnakes approves since itā€™s based on his original work.

But Oshkosh is a blast! I upped the number of aircraft to 80 so I can see more planes. The taxiiing is a bit rough but cool to see where they all taxi to and park.

2 Likes

Cool! Feel free to make changes, if you upload them, besure to tag me so I can push them to the main version :wink:

1 Like

I sent you my version by DM but it has a few aftermarket aircraft in it. Folks may want to set those to aircraft they have. I also have the stanzas for the Virgin Galactic mothership Eve and rocket Unity in there. Calling them like I did works and I verified it works by using another aircraft designator to invoke them. I just donā€™t know for certain what the ADSB designator is for them. I think I got them right but wonā€™t know until next launch.

Iā€™ve also noticed that ELT does its own in inventory too and sometimes substitutes aircraft that arenā€™t listed in the ModelMatching.json. Am I seeing that right?

1 Like

Thanks.
Yes, the application will also try and find aircraft/liveries and use them :slight_smile:

Hi.

Love this mod but I have a problem (or it may be a limitation of the mod). When taxiing planes are very jumpy - often 50m at a time.

However once they begin their takeoff run they are as smooth as silk.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Did you read this entire post because if you had you will see a number of posts stating this is an issue with the data received from flight radar and how often it updates on the ground and the signals recd from ground Aircraft not being as accurate.

When I open the folder there are two files inside: .rsrc and .text.
Nowhwere can I see a Settings.json file. Consequently I canā€™t connect to my s2020, so nothing works.

is there some people here that are using AIG + ELT at the same time?
I re-formated my PC not long ago and reinstalled AIG.
AIG is working well, but ELT is only using Asoboā€™s default a320 for everything. IIRC it was using custom model and paints

Anyone one know if the ModelMatching.json for this mod is run before the internal matching or after?