Live Traffic Never Works

I saw live traffic last night at Renton. And I’ve seen it at airports in Australia and Europe.
Where do you not see it?

Sounds a lot like it’s just me for some reason. For those who are seeing plenty of live traffic, can I ask what settings you use relating to traffic before starting up?

I usually fly in Live Multiplayer mode with Live Traffic. I make sure the Data General Options have Everything On. (Except for Photogrammetry, because I dislike PG).

Then under the Traffic General Options, I make sure I use Real Time Traffic and my Traffic Name Plate off (they’re an eyesore). For the sliders I set Airport Vehicles to 0 (because I don’t like seeing cars driving on the taxiway interrupting my taxiing flow). Fauna to 0 because I don’t need to see them. But everything else set to 100.

Then I make sure that I’m logged in to MSFS server, and I choose the SEA server (since that’s the one with the lowest latency). Everything else just starts appearing when I start in a busy airport. It takes a bit of time to have the traffic load in (around 5 minutes or so) but they eventually appear.

1 Like

I’m flying out on UA 1775 STL to DEN (RL flight) here in about an hour or so. Anyone gonna look for my plane in game? Ill wave to you :wink:

Thank you. I’ll check my settings and see what needs to change. :blush:

Wrong. I was flying with an iPad running ForeFlight, in VR, and my IPad said “Warning, traffic 7 o’clock, 400 feet below”, so I looked over my left shoulder, and there it was.

Often I’ll see a (real world) plane on approach on the iPad and guess what? They’ll be there in the sim, every time.

This morning the Live Traffic isn’t working for me

On the world map, the real traffic windows are empty on LFST BUT there is some traffic announced on flightradar (even if MSFS doesn’t use the best information sources)

Realtime traffic is ON, connected on Western Europe, Multiplayer is working fine.
it doesn’t work much more than it work and NOTHING could help us to see if live traffic is ‘connected’ or not (last time Asobo asked me to display those windows with departure and arrivals).

1 Like

Thank you.

I never had that Airport Activity screen working. Sometimes I had to wait for 1-2 minutes before it starts populating… sometimes it never populates at all.

For me I just jump into the airport, and live traffic just starts populating on its own.

Just a thank you to those that gave their settings. They seem to have helped, and have now flown two full flights with live traffic active.