Loading a flight hangs up the sim after SU5 and first hotfix

Hi folks,

with a vanilla install of the sim everything works fine.
I can fly both, VR and on screen with an amazing Performance (thanks Asobo!). But: After a random number of closing the sim and restarting - independent from restarting the PC -, loading a flight after clicking “Fly now” hangs up in this way: The blue bar behaves as usual until it reaches about 80%. Then it stops for a short time and thereafter it continous moving in a slow constant speed up to 100%, but then nothing happens anymore. When this happens the CPU load is at 10% and the GPU idles at 30%
I meanwhile reinstalled the Sim 3 times. Developer Mode off. Community folder empty. Deleted usercfg.opt, flighsim.cfg, sceneryindex folder… Nothing helped except reinstallation of the sim.
This is really annoying. Please Asobo, Help!

Best regards.

Tobi

I have a similar issue. After SU5 everything worked as usual but since the hotfix went I have been unable to load any flight. I get to the main screen ok and can enter a flight plan but after clicking FLY, the blue bar gets to about 75% and everything just stops so I have to kill things via the task menu.

I have tried a complete uninstall and reinstall twice, altering numerous settings, ensuring no 3rd party software is installed, making sure the Community folder is empty, turning off live traffic, AI traffic, repairing the app and pretty much everything else that has been suggested in these forums and elsewhere online but nothing has worked so now I have a useless flight simulator and I cannot see how I can fix it. Does anyone have any ideas ?

I have read that once you reach about 6.8 G of memory you are capped out…I am now convinced that that is the issue - if you try to load at an airport with lots of graphics (almost any large airport or city) you will hang or crash out. Today out of sna near lax i watched my memory and sure enough once I hit about there I crashed out.

Check for other running tasks, apps or programs. Turn off anti virus and test.

the official Support is ZenDesk, here you ask us, the community :slight_smile:

“Freeze” is sometime reported since the update. Have you already tried different locations to start ?

PS: and why start users always these re-install orgie ?..

I have 32 G of ram on this PC (you can see I still have over 60% available)- there is no way I should be running out of memory at that level (and no I dont run with any other programs or Anti Virus just the MS items). I can fly out of smaller cities and airports…This is an Asobo issue pure and simple

as allways the commited amount of memory have to be checked… but it is much less ( 16GIG ) as former.

I just called Microsoft and reported the freezing blue line after the choise of a scenario. This is a world wide problem after the update by thousands of users. They havent till 1 hour ago any idea what the reason is and told me that till now nobody has any solution. They are working on it and will repair it by update. Frustating inst it?

My question is WHEN ASOBO IS GONNA FIX THE CRASHES IN A PATCH? Days are going by and I cannot play a game which I paid 80 dollars… C’MON

a question which we can not answer you and which is out of topic.

Big help. You are my hero!

I figured it out. It was one of the marketplace addons. I uninstalled all of them. Now it works.

yep… EGLC ? :rofl:

Might be helpfull for other users to mention the problematik add-on.

Not yet investigated. I will post the addon(s) in a few days.

1 Like

Bijan Trees does not work.

If you bought it from simmarket, you need to update it.
If bought from marketplace, contact me directly to get the updated version to work with SU5.