Local Legend VI: Junkers F 13

It’s an interesting choice of aircraft, although the least interesting out of the three German aircraft released by this developer so far (which, I believe, are still in dire need of some patches).
Personally, I would have preferred to see one of the “missing” Local Legends aircraft in the sim, i.e. one connection to Japan (WU1), the UK (WU3), France (WU4) or Northern Europe (WU5), where no Local Legend aircraft was released along with the World Update.

1 Like

Because this plane was announced at gamescom in Cologne, the team chose something of local interest to Germany for this release. This is also why CU1 consists of German cities.

I have noted your feedback about “missing” Local Legends for Japan, UK/Ireland, France/Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg, and Nordics.

12 Likes

Thank you, Seedy.
This would be a nice long-term goal to make the sim feel “completely complete”, especially to people living in those areas. Personally, as a German, who even saw one of the surviving F 13s in Munich as a child, I am more than blessed with quality historic aircraft in the sim!

Best,
Underbird

3 Likes

Is it just me but it looks like the Pilot and Co-pilot are in the wrong seats.

1 Like

I’m going to skip this one

I am surprised with wing span and wing area. Quite big for 6 persons.

For those wanting to go down this aviation history rabbit hole there’s a very interesting Junkers site with full production list etc.

3 Likes

That got some gps functionality? Looks like a touch screen?

Think it’s a Garmin Aera.

1 Like
3 Likes

There are no taxi and landing lights :pensive:

It’s from 1919.

5 Likes

So far only flown the ‘original’ geared version, and it dose not handle well at all. No I don’t have set to legacy controls.

The RPM or what goes for one doesn’t match the numbers shown on the HUD.

Dose not seem to trim out to level, is either constantly nosing up them if ever increasing dive with only a 0.1’ change in trim pitch. And though speeds up doesn’t seem to want the oscillate to level.

Wow, good on the dev for finally putting manuals in the folder for one of these Asobo partnered planes!

its a 100 year old plane btw during that time, all airports runways and taxiways are unpaved at that time (first paved taxiways and runways appeared around the late 1920s)

1 Like

And that’s the original one they used as a template (photos taken 2005 in Munich - Deutsches Museum):

9 Likes

Yea when Jorg said “It’s not exactly Canadian” During the QnA I was hoping for something by Bombardier or at least that has ties to Canada, not a revisit to Germany. To push back the Beaver (although I’m thankful it will be free from an amazing developer) and release a German aircraft just doesn’t feel right when they’ve been following the WU themes for quite some time.

I’ll have to check out the reviews of this thing though as I still love the JU-52 despite it needing updates.

I certainly hope that some thought has at least been given to Local Legends for some of the regions that had world updates before the series started.

there’s actually a few water runways in the game - just the water physics need a ton of work before it’s fun to fly anything off the water… which is disappointing, since there’s a bunch of good floatplanes / seaplanes and more comiing… flying off the water IRL is awesome, and it’s worth some dev time to improve what we have…

2 Likes

Yes, but as far as I know they’re all in North America.

1 Like