Logitech radio panel remains off when starting airliner cold and dark

The logitech radio panel works ok when I choose to launch the sim with aircraft on the runway with all systems powered up. However if I choose to start cold and dark with the plane (in this case the 787) at a terminal gate the radio panel remains off even after the aircraft has been powered up and the engines are running.

Any advice on how to get the Logitech radio panel active during a cold and dark start-up?

Same problem here

Yep, same issue. It will illuminate, but only the XPDR will function. Turning the knobs for the radio frequencies does not work, however if you change the frequencies on the sim, it will change them on the panel. Pretty frustrating.

No illumination at all when at the gates, cold and dark. As if the panel is dead.

I have the same issue but with the A320. Works fine with the Cessna 172.

Same here with Multi Flight Panel … A320 and 747.
Starting form cold and dark it works flaps and auto-thr only, AP off

Marco

Hi @Tr1cky I see your were tagged in a similar post about radio panel problems. Do you recognise this problem as well?

Hi again, Thanks to other forum members such as @FlipperJeans470 @DecMoonFR and others (see thread A320 Bug with radio panel hardware (non-functional from cold and dark) - #14 by FlipperJeans470) the current situation is as such:

1. There is bug when using the logitech radio panel with the airliners that changing frequency on the logitech radio panel will not be visible on the aircraft’s VHF monitor. But changing the frequency on the aircrafts VHF monitor will change the logitech radio panel. Despite this, the frequency is changed in the simulator as can be viewed using the ATC window. See screen shot further below.

2. In order to activate the radio panel when starting the airliner cold and dark, assign a keyboard key to the functions “Avionics Master 1 ON” and “Avionics Master 2 ON”. Once you have the aircraft’s external power or APU up and running, pressing the key will light up the logitech radio panel. Works with both A320 and B787.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.