Low res bing maps

I wonder if this are the same issues I am having, or if it is something else?
For me it has been like this for about 2 months I guess. TLOD has no impact and internet is solid and fast.
Absolute crap flying at the moment, especially flying over mountains in Norway.
This is from my flight today. Was planning another sector, but gave up after seeing this.

and I take it that same area looked better before?

also… i’m seeing weird things going on with the autogen buildings… entire city sectors dissapear right before my eyes, and are inmediately generated again… as if the underlying bing texture had changed… i’ll try to post video

Yes for sure. The mountains actually used to have shape before, now they look like something from a 15 year old flight sim.
Looks like the undefined terrain shapes is there, but then it doesnt finish the job of rendering until I am just over it.
This happend to all of the terrain btw, but mostly noticeable with the mountains.

This problem is structural as you can see in the world map that it is a patchwork of good and bad looking tiles.
And I’m afraid that we will find these in msfs 2024.
I don’t care about seeing elephants if the terrain is afwul and low resolution. In fact, it’s not pleasant anymore to look at the ground. The lower you fly, the more bad it is.
And I’m surprised that there are not more threads about this problem.
Don’t we have all the same world map to begin with ?

The awful maps and the low res bug in the Quest 3 are killing my pleasure to fly in this sim

yes my world map is like that as well
the ground tiles are good in the us, and europe… and really thats about it…
in the rest of the world they go from regular to bad

Europe is bad :frowning:

1 Like

the thing is that, compared to google, bing has much worse aerials… not sure why…
possibly because google started many years earlier than the rest

What I don’t understand is that Bing map on the internet is good.
I look at Liège and it doesn’t show the monstrosities we have in msfs !!!
So it’s certainly possible to have good maps and to end this horror show !

yeah… i dont know… some of the horrendous patchwork that we see in the sim are not there in bing maps… so i dont know how this all works

Looks absolutely shocking! I know what you mean I just can’t use the sim at the minute so have given up completely.

Don’t worry though, they’re working on FS2024 which will also come with a brand new set of bugs that will never get fixed.

How can they leave the sim in this state?

2 Likes

Servers Down - June 2024 - Discussion Hub / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums is probably the cause

1 Like