Low specs experience

Well, I thought perhaps someone else might benefit from my many hours of testing and optimizing my low-end HW.

So, I made a little video of my present MSFS Graphics and NVidia Control Panel settings.

My specs:
Lenovo Legion Y520
I7-7700HQ 2.8GHZ
GTX 1050ti, driver V. 465.89
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Home (V. 20H2)
Dell 27", 1080P, 74.9Hz Vertical Refresh Rate

My latest findings:

1. NVidia Control Panel - Set everything to default. No need to change anything in the GPU control panel since MSFS meets my system’s 25FPS “sweet-spot” with the following settings.

2. MSFS - Vsync-On, FPS-20 (Nevertheless the Xbox Game Bar “Performance” tab displays a rock-solid 25FPS!)

3. Photogrammetry either on or off - has no effect on my jitter-free 25 FPS, even at London City Airport.

4. HAG-On, Game Mode-On

Some might have issues with my TLOD=10 and OLOD=10. Try it, you just might be surprised!
Tweak any or all of my MSFS Graphics settings to taste, keeping in mind that these are just what gives ME the smoothest, stutter free, no-CTDs experience with the current MSFS release (1.14.6.0).

FYI, I have zero tolerance for stutters! Others might not mind them… I actually see videos on this forum and on YouTube, where folks don’t seem too concerned, if at all. I HATE stutters, just as badly as many in this forum rightfully HATE CTD’s.

So, this set-up of mine creates a happy, albeit compromised, stutter-free experience for me!

1 Like