Marine layer unable to be properly rendered by Live Weather

could you advise the team to have a look at all the other issues with the weather? like METAR and clouds type please? :frowning:

4 Likes

and “no visibility depiction outside METAR bubbles”
please :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

This should not be called “an issue”. It’s just one of the many consequences of the major changes introduced at SU7. That update hasn’t introduced bugs, the weather system was completely redesigned and the only proper way to bring the MSFS to excel in the atmospheric sense is to reconsider that design decision.

6 Likes

I agree 100%. We don’t have same weather engine anymore. Thats the issue. I hope they reconsider.

the marine layer is gone along with all the other clouds type unfortunately! now unless the METAR interference is fixed since it a bug
we wont see it back since we only have broken cumulus clouds! and if in the next update they address the METAR and we still have the same issues then we can wave goodbye to MFS, at least I will
 I am sorry but it’s quite maddening to having gone from realistic and beautiful skies to what we have now in the game! but, fingers crossed it will be resolved in su12!

6 Likes

I think the high demand in flightsims to have it match something 100% is making it hard to create a realistic weather system and actually destroys the feel of weather. When we look at the real sky we have outside our windows. Does that weather really need to match something or can it be what weather is? dynamic, varied and unpredictable. The real weather form different cloudtypes, weather conditions over time and globally also locally. But it never need to be fixed to match something. I think this sim were unique with the weather that formed over time instead of being fixed for once. That made me both happy at release and also real dissapointed when they completely changed that.

Now it is what it is. Nothing we as users can do anything about more than tell our opinions. Hope they want to make both type of users happy that liked the more varied and fluid weather we had and also make those happy that wants the weather be as METAR says all the time.

4 Likes