Marketplace purchases failing

The fix I found was to not start the sim in admin mode. That was how I was staying the game every time. Once I just started the game normally, it worked fine and purchases went through.

2 Likes

I had this same issue and yes @IdahoEMSguy, my solution was also to make sure the game was not starting in admin mode. For anyone having this issue, find the exe, right click and under properties make sure the box next to “start as administrator” is Not Checked… for anyone right clicking and selecting “run as administrator” from your Taskbar or desktop, this also creates the same error. Hope Microsoft will fix this in the future

Happy flying

Not in admin, correct address. This has worked before (in November). My purchases were being rejected, now the buy button is simply greyed out.

Sadly, the New Year sale has now gone past.

Did you check out the link I posted prior about this problem?
I had the same issue and I followed the link info point by point and it solved issue.

Here is the link again -
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016366680-Error-message-Purchase-failed-

From stages in the article, I am left with “starting FS from within Xbox app”. Will attempt after work.
update:
Installed the Xbox app, game launched as usual, loaded up to World Improvements, greyed out Buy buttons.

I have same issue today when purchase premium deluxe upgrade from marketplace, I’ve already tried all solutions (enable steam overlay, runa as administrator, update payment method…) but nothing changed. I bought base game via Steam. So what should I do?

Enabling the UAC should not even be an issue. No developer should require such. What is the point of offering to disable it if you only end up in a position of being forced to turn it on? Ludicrous.

Changing region in Windows settings fixed this for me too as per the Link in the post.

Mine is messed up too. I’ve tried no Admin, Logging out, logging in, restarts, uac off, etc. Still no luck. But you know, it’s not that bad. I’d probably be buying planes and such that i wouldn’t even fly more than once so it’s saving me money i guess. And i’ll wait from here on out. I really don’t see a reason i should have to try numerous different things in order to give them my money. If they want it, they need to fix it so i can easily give it to them.

I have a similar problem, I live in australia but its locked in to th USA for addresses. This drives me nuts

YES…Not running in ADMIN mode…fixed mine to buy a few aircraft and i did ever possible thing But the purchase panel would ^ pop^ AND DISAPEER…i WAS SO HAPPY i bought more then i had wanted to LOL