Marketplace updates are WAY too slow

Then you have to purchase twice…

I am reliably informed that the Marketplace team are taking on more people for this very reason …
We can only hope it improves things

2 Likes

They will have to increase their team indefinitely as more and more items are released on the marketplace to keep up with the pace of updates… It’s unrealistic.

Like my topic said, give trusted parties direct access. It reduces workload and you already know it’ll be fine anyways. Keep an eye out on the new ones.

This is however just a patch, the more products are introduced the more updates they will have to check, and the more people they would need to hire.
In my opinion (I am no expert though), implementing a system like the one in steam, where developers can directly update their products, would be way easier and cheaper in the long term.

That’s why I’m pleased that on Xbox I can only access valid Marketplace content.
There’s certainly less content but I don’t have to be concerned about its provenance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe possible if they automated the encryption and DRM which Microsoft applies to the marketplace versions of 3rd party content - and indeed it is most likely this process rather than and “testing” which causes the delays.

Interesting information, I am sure there could be a way to encript files in the cloud when they send the updated version, maybe it takes time to program, but imo they should start thinking about it.

As a general reminder, piracy and discussions thereof are not allowed on the board. The tangential mentions here are what’s triggering this notice. Thanks.

I understand, we mentioned it because it was relevant to the topic, no direct information has been given though, we will be careful not to break any rules by directly discussing it.

Dont buy from the marketplace - simples go direct to vendor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now I agree due to these issues, but the thing is I want to buy from the marketplace, it supports Asobo (this is a expensive game to maintain with all the cloud servers going on) and I have everything in one place.

1 Like

I know what you mean but even now I cannot filter just the ones I purchased via the MP - correct me if Im wrong even the filter menu is worse…happy to be corrected though…

Peace.

Oh I agree 1000% with the op. I’m on Xbox so don’t have much choice. But I have a list of airports that are way behind in updates from LVFR, Auscene and drzewiecki.

This should not be an issue really should it?

2 Likes

My updates are just downloading in a repeated cycle. It downloads and then starts downloading again all the way from the start, anyone else having this problem?

Asobo has been silent about this issue for months.

Iris Simulations took over “2” months to update the Marketplace for their Jabiru after releasing the update in their own store and on OrbxDirect. The Jabiru version on the store was broken, and required the update / fix for the flaps to work properly. It got so bad that folk were buying a second copy of the Jabiru from another store to get the most recent “fixed” version. A poor developer experience IMO, and Asobo did nothing while allowing the Dev to sell the broken version in the Marketplace.

MS Zendesk kept giving the same boilerplate response that the update would be available soon…for 2 months.

I put this late update issue for one of the old livestreams topics, but Asobo ignored the question although it got many votes. Asobo also ignored the live chat question while they answered other questions

I really don’t understand why Asobo has not addressed the issue. I was buying 100% from the Marketplace, but now I buy mainly from OrbxDirect, especially for their own products.

I wanted to support Asobo as they get a cut from the sales. But I refuse to spend my money, and then have to deal with late updates from developers.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.