Microsoft communications

We paid one time price, there is no subscription fee. Each of us is a very small consumer who paid very little money. If you read the licence agreement you will see no obligation from Microsoft. They can stop providing the service any day without any compensation.
As the small consumers (hobbyist playing a game, this is not a commercial simulator software) we deal here with one of the four (?) biggest IT companies in the world.
Do you really believe that with this disparity the corporation will ever publicly admit a failure or share a technical detail of it risking ever the slightest chance of the lawsuit?
This is not about Asobo I guess, we are not dealing here with Laminar Research or even with the CD Project Red and thier Cyberpunk. We have here the behemot producing OS and business suite running on billions of computers all over the world, and the behemot was kind enough to us simmers to allow Jorg running this game business probably to demonstrate the capabilities of Microsoft cloud/Azure/XBox/bing services.

1 Like

I agree 100%, I too have spent over 40 years using some sort of MS product or service. This definitely erodes confidence in MS products whether personal use software, operating systems, or corporate oriented software. I don’t need a response to this post since it is my opinion. If you have another opinion on the subject, GREAT, make another post.

2 Likes

Can you provide a link to this please? I cannot find it. Thanks.

1 Like

Maybe because some “cry” over so many little bity things…??

1 Like

As we are talking about communication here. I wonder if towering clouds almost everywhere and overcast weather and those clouds from ground will be fixed soon? Even those abrubt transissions we still experience.

We have tested this for 2 months now and we don’t know whats causing the weather to look like this. We can’t test it without communication. It’s impossible for us in the beta-test to find a problem without knowing what data is injected into the sim. It would make it easier to help testing if we could have some kind of communication about those issues we should test.

2 Likes

Just because we paid for MSFS does not make it any of our business (or entitle us to know) how something was fixed. IMHO, not describing the internals to us in no way implies they don’t think we would understand. I heartily agree with the poster who would rather have devs work on their s/w than describing their internal workings to us. Humbly…Redeye.

3 Likes

If the Cod community complains, there’s a fix within a couple hours. By all means, treat me like the Cod community.

2 Likes

Many of us PC users are hobbyists and have built our own rigs specifically for flight simming. We’ve been building and tweaking hardware and software for decades. We are terribly aware. We’re often expected (even by Asobo) to tinker with config files and write fixes to our systems that can get quite complex.
Those asking for a bit more information about a problem that has been lurking since inception and has now been finally fixed, is not a big deal, in fact the curious smart hobbyist should know what and how exactly it was finally rectified.
If you’re an Xbox user, I understand lol!

2 Likes

It would help me determine whether or not what they fixed is likely to have been the root cause of my issue and whether I am likely to just experience the same old problem again at some point. So, managing my own expectations. Still, your post explains why most customer support is so crap these days if that’s the general attitude of people who work in customer support.

1 Like

It doesn’t make any sense to me that some people here feel details are not relavant to end user about what caused the problem.

So, a Dr should just tell u take an aspirin and go to bed, uhh.

However, it is important to provide as much details into the problem I am having with error codes and pics, etc when I communicate or report a problem., but not the other way around, uhh.

Communication short comings has caused major problems and cost millions to companies. In fact, that’s one reason major companies have PR dept. To clean the mess that executives and others have caused by not communicating to their customers.

There are many examples in today’s world with data breaches. In fact, Target had a big one on their CC several years ago and they noticed their customers of what happened and what they were doing about it.

2 Likes

„We have identified a problem we missed because we didn‘t thoroughly test it due to a lack of time and because collegue Fabien became ill, unfoetunately. So we got ourselves a coffee and another one, checked our emails, sent a couple of whatsapp happy new year memes and drank a third coffee. At that time we were called for a meeting with information about what had to be implemented until the end of the month so we quickly applied a short workaround to the problem that will fix it for now. It may likely break once again as soon as something else gets changed but you may just read the known issues then and submit a zendesk ticket. Have a wonderful day. Now where is my spoon? I need sugar in my coffee! Baptiste!!!“

I mean… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

TMI: “The outage was caused by two people updating key files incorrectly. We fired them so it won’t happen again.” — This might be illegal in some jurisdictions. Finger pointing, especially publicly, is never a moral booster. (Plus there are many people who are very good at deflection whenever a finger is point at them…)

Also, in a complex systems environment like MSFS, the problem may have been caused by a 3rd-party vendor. Public identifying that vendor is not good vendor management.

3 Likes

Closing as this has turned into a lot of speculation.

I would suggest submitting feedback directly through Zendesk using the feedback drop down.