Missing Airports Sent to Zendesk

Also FHSH Saint Helena Airport.

EBBT - Brasschaat, Belgium

1 Like

Yes I figured that is the reason why :confused:

ULLV - Levashovo, Russia
( missing due to cloud cover on texture data )

LFRH - Lorient Bretagne Sud - France ( civil + military airport flooted on bing map )
47,760560, -3,440000

EDAY - Flugplatz Strausberg, Germany

1 Like

EHTW - Enschede The Netherlands

1 Like

EFHA - Halli, Finland

Tyonek airport -TYE. - Tyonek Alaska USA

https://www.airnav.com/airport/TYE

Maybe they should have waited until every single airport and airstrip in the world had been perfectly reproduced?

Iā€™m not sure I would still be around if that is what theyā€™d done, so letā€™s say Iā€™m glad they went the way they did. ;p

These reports will result in the missing airports being created and @XeOperator has made a sterling effort with his contribution and we should all be grateful for that. Theyā€™re not just small ones either, with Istanbulā€™s very new airport, for example, being one of, if not, the largest in the world.

Hopefully Asobo will be able to get MS to letā€™s say encourage their Bing Maps arm to commission further passes over the appropriate locations, to get these missing airports created.

1 Like

ZBAD - Beijing Daxing International Airport

You can drop the snark.
XeOperator clearly showed that there are resources available for everybody to check location and state of over 50.000 airports worldwide.
This can be simply done with a spreadsheet, and Iā€™m sure a program can be written to create a location beacon for each and everyone of them, that one can then use to find them in the sim world.
Instead Asobo chose an AI supported approach that is totally dependant on ā€œseeingā€ the layout on a sattelite image.
This obviously was not reliable enough as the ever growing list of missing airports shows.

2 Likes

Maybe you shouldnā€™t be so touchy. I take it youā€™ve heard of humour?

Iā€™m german. We have no such thing as humour. :wink:

10 Likes

Apparently we brits can misjudge when to use it too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

what will happen with the list? is anybody at Asobo working on it? I saw the Airport EKVG is missing, it is in the list. So I was starting to do one by myself, but I also saw the terraforming of Faroer Islands is very bad. Near the place where the airport has to be is a lake that is 50-80m above the surrounding! I also saw 100m deep holes middle of the hills!? Isnā€™t it possible to use ā€œDigital LiDAR-Terrain Modelā€ for it?

it sounds like peeps will still need to ā€œvoteā€ for their highest priority airport(s), by submitting a ticket(s) to zendesk.

This is the Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Teamā€™s response.

"Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator support today.

We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months.

In order to really celebrate that particular part of the planet we are updating, we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities ā€¦ like landing challenges.

We are very excited about this as it will ā€“ over time - spotlight all regions of Earth, which we hope will bring focus to areas that might not be a current aviation hub.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team"

Iā€™ll try to wrap up my audit by the end of this week. My guess is we are missing about 1,000 airports.

5 Likes

Flying stopped in the early 90s at this base and the airfield is now disused. The rest of the base which is now an Army barracks, is set to close in 2024 and will more than likely be turned into a housing estate - I would remove this from the list.

1 Like

LFTH - Toulon-HyĆØres, France