[Missions] FS Academy - IFR instrument flight training missions | FS Academy

That’s great, I’ll add that to the FAQ, thank you

Lesson 5, Done. On the books. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. I’ve been flying (virtually) for over 30 years. I never knew this stuff. Excited to start lesson 6.

1 Like

Hi there, yes its any pause. If you try it you can see the aircraft clock still running, as mentioned in the manual as you touched upon.

I see your confusion with the chart. Lesson 4 does not actually follow an instrument procedure, so there is no chart applicable. The lesson mentions that the FREQUENCY for SFD is from the chart. This only indicates where you would find the frequency for a particular beacon. i understand this is unclear and will note it for future updates.

Thanks for the feedback on your experience so far. I’m really pleased you’re enjoying IFR and getting good use from the instruction!

Another great video on IFR, this time from Pilot Studd:

Finished! Absolutely fantastic course. Highly recommended, priced right.

The final check ride only took 22 times, er, I mean 2 times man. (Cheech & Chong)
The only thing incorrect is the LPL NDB. The manual shows 391.5 but it is actually 349.5.

Knowing IFR, changes the sim from a game to a flight simulator experience.
I learned a lot and appreciate the time spent creating the course.

1 Like

Hi Glitchy,

That’s great, I’ve made the change and will compile as an update in the near future. I’m glad you got so much from IFR. I collect all feedback and I’m really happy you’ve enjoyed learning IFR!

Quality review from Q8Pilot up on YouTube:

Thanks again for the feedback, I’ve put out a small update that fixes these:

Missing Hawarden Chart
Wrong LPL NDB frequency in manual
Reformatted ZIP for easier installation.

Thanks again

How will we be notified of this update?

The individual stores will have their own notification service. It’s a very minor update based on community feedback

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I couldn’t find a internal forum on the webpage of the dev. I’m having some issues with lesson 3 and 4. After turning towards the NDB and tracking the 030 radial, I get no further instructions and seem to fly off into the sunset(or sunrise as is the case here)
Am I doing something wrong somewhere? As far as I’ve understood, I follow the instructions until they just stop coming…

Hi Doc,

Do ensure you are following the NDB rather than the VOR, which is also tuned at that point.
If you leave SHM NDB R030, you will get to the next stage after just a couple of minutes. Do ensure your altitude holding is good.

Make sure you’re tracking the radial 030 and not just leaving on the HDG, as these are two different methods.

Full support is given here:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-ifr

I might misunderstand the instructions given; what I do I fly straight towards the NDB and once I cross it, I turn to heading 030, which leads me north-east away from the NDB. If I use little navgraph moving map, I can see I’m on the 030 radial, and as far as I can understand, that is the exact instruction given.

edit: I managed to take a screenshot of where Im at. Note, I have not heard any comm since before I turned towards the NDB.

Hi Doc,

Thank you for providing the picture as it confirms the issue, you are tracking from Seaford VOR, not Shoreham NDB.

Support: www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-ifr

Ooooh, I was certain I was doing the right thing, ■■■■-it! Thanks for helping me clear this up, my bad and my fault.

1 Like

No problem! Let me know if anything else comes up.
Happy landings!

Me too. I bought IFR from FS Academy and would be great if you can subtitle or even repeat the commands. Meanwhile, could you bring us a .SRT file with the english subtitules so we can add them manually to the .WAV files?

Hi there,

Subtitles for the commands are given in game already, ensure they are enabled. Guidance is here:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-ifr

They subtitle the commands you need to follow but are not a full transcript, which is considered for a future update.

Yes, I have already activated the subtitles, but they are very short to understand the context for me. It is a pity, you have a great product (not cheap) that would be even greather if you care for non-english native speakers. Thanks anyway.