Universal repeatable MSFS 2020 Benchmark

MSFS 2020 Benchmark, nothing in Community folder, the stock A320, weather settings few clouds, no AI or online traffics etc. as shown in the video, and flying with the internal AI, recording with CapframeX, and the conditions and flight practically always are the same and you can compare different hardware configurations, or between different users etc… I will add the same exact flight plan file for the benchmarking repetitions flights here.
KJFK BENCH.PLN (3.5 KB)

You have a nice settings benchmark for your future comparisons if you upgrade with faster or higher quality components. Good Idea and I should do the same with my system.

1 Like

Another with the difference of LODs 200

My 13900KS has approx. the half performance than this 7950X3D

Is that possible?, is there some wrong in the video, or my config.?

Thanks for adding the CapFrameX info. I will definitely add that to my PC toolkit.

1 Like

Really good, I have found almost 10 FPS in average and 5 in LOW, in the 200 LODs video, the problem was that I have two monitors, one 1080p connected to the iGPU and the other to the GPU, and I have read today that intel in the next gen is going to add L4 cache only for the iGPU, so I tried only with the monitor of the GPU on, disabled in Windows or/and BIOS the monitor of the 13900, with the same result, and eureka, I have had some FPS more. I would have to record the first video again with this manner (re edit: no, with LODs 100 with iGPU off in the other monitor, is the same, maybe with LODs 100 the CPU caches are enough for all).

And DX12 a bit worse:

Here’s a CapFrameX capture graph I just did.
2560 x 1440, DLSS Super Resolution - Quality, HDR on, Frame Sync Off.
Bonanza G36 (Enhanced) flying in Bosnia, SW of Sarajevo @10,000 ft. (~5,000 ft. AGL)

• AMD 5800X3D (water cooled.)
  • MSI B550-A Pro, latest release BIOS - Kombo Strike Level 3, Virtualization OFF, RBAR enabled, Above 4GB GPU enabled, XMP-2, Hyperthreading (SMT) enabled.
  • nVidia Driver 531.29 (after DDU clean.)
  • EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Gaming 24GB (air cooled.)
  • 64GB HP V10 DDR4 Samsung B-die (3600 MHz, CAS 14) I’m using a 16GB Ram Drive for MSFS Rolling Cache.
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GM, 80 PLUS Gold 850W. (550W draw during this flight.)

Here’s a tougher environment. Flying into Tokyo @ 5,000 AGL. The last 40 seconds were at street level.

1 Like

Here is what I got with your Benchmark Flight:

7800X3D
Asus Rog Strix X670e-f
RTX4090
Corsair Dominator DDR5-6000 @5400Mhz due to EXPO limitation
Windows 10

Iam using the LOD Terrain and Objects 200 setting.

1 Like

Disabling the Memory Integrity like Microsoft recommend only when gaming and then back to on, is a must in MSFS, almost a 20% of gains with it off:

ON:

OFF= almost 20% more of frames and lows:

And even better if disabled in BIOS Virtualization, in cre di ble, it is like to have a new hardware. I had already the Virtual related W11 features as recommended before these last tests and in the first one benchmark test, though now disabling Virtualization in BIOS… a new machine. I enabled the core isolation in Defender, then I rebooted, then I went to BIOS and I disabled Virtualization and VOILÀ, the same sure that directly to have disabled the Core Isolation sure and then Disable the Virtualization in BIOS, but I did it so, just in case.

This time 25% better in average, lows almost the same fps:

With LODs in 200, better too, brutal, almost a 50% better, though still 20% less than the AMDs X3D achieving 90s fps:

1 Like