MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

The nature of the error message might indicate that a log of server read failures is being kept somewhere in memory and that log is then overflowing its bounds, causing the invalid memory read?

Again, just a guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

Another one here…I never had this problem until 2 days ago.

In route, FL370 boom. It happened to me a couple times when loading too.

It is so frustrating to have this types of CTD, when you are NOT overloading the sim with addons…

PS: I do NOT have GSX

I only started getting these problems WEF the 19th Aug. The messages/CDT are now happening on every flight, after the first hour of the flight.
I also still have P3d V5.1 and I ran a 10 hour flight yesterday, using the QW B787-1000 which is heavier on the FPS than the FBW A320 on MSFS. Absolutely no problems at all. Not an technical expert like many contributors but it would indicate to me that it is a MSFS problem and not a hardware problem. I have a medium level system.
I may have to carry on using P3d for a while until this issue can be addressed!!

1 Like

Have never had CTD issues, maybe only one or two over the last 18 months before this week (call my lucky!). However this week I’ve had one every single day whilst cruising after about 60-70 mins. Seems to be the case for everyone, but just adding my name to the list of many of us so Asobo realise the scale of the issue.

1 Like

I have the same type of error, after ca. 1 hour no matter which area of the world or which aircraft - CTD, memory could not be read.

For those wanting to help out too…

I have two CTD today with this message. Never happened to me before. Just add my two cents to the story.

1 Like

This error is also in the Beta right now?

You bet, same issues.

can’t believe if, they’ll ever fix it?

this topic is for “memory could not be read” :slight_smile:

Related to ntdll.dll / 0xc0000374 is this the relevant topic: Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

Pardon me wrong topic

But let’s hope the devs/server admins fixing one, will also fix the other. :slight_smile:

Would be fine, but the application errors are longer existing, than the permanent CTD.

Yup, but something, probably server-related, has led to them both increasing in incidence revently.

Hope springs eternal gor an early fix or fixes

I hope, but doubt that… The memory issue is much older.

My hope was, that we can 100% correlated both issue, that the memory-issue also occurs because of the same reason as the new “ntdll” ( e.g. possible server, or what ever ) and we get a better glue about the reason of the memory-issue. But, the users which never before get the “ntdll” error or other CTD in general ( e.g. me ) geting only the “ntdll” and not the “memory…” issue.

But I found your former post a good one, where you mentioned like " a missing pointer to a log ". Also because some users report, that the game not crash if they get the error-popup till they press the “ok” button.

( man, some times its realy hard for me to say in english what I want to say :rofl: )

1 Like

You’re doing very well if English isn’t your first language. I hadn’t noticed.

Edit: 3 typing/grammatical errors corrected. LOL, you see, even native speakers can get it wrong. I’m old and was on a small mobile is my excuse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can confirm I have been having CTD’s related to memory being read the last two days also.

Just had another one, during my flight from EBBR to EGLL using the FBW A32nx.

Just had another one when launching the app. All weekend’s ctds were not memory related but had no error message at all.