MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

Seems my pc auto has it at 28gb of virtual ram, so I should be good there. I just got the error twice in the hour. I never got it on my own ■■■■■■ pc, only this new one. I wonder if windows 11 has it more than windows 10.

I am getting this error a lot more frequently now. Never had it before SU10.

I wonder if the recent World Update and the resultant demands on the MS servers, caused by loads of downloads, might have coincided with the recent apparent peak in occurrences of this error?

My guess is that it probably did.

For those who are getting memory errors. I had this issue too. I fixed this doing a clean stall of nvidia driver. Then, don’t make any changes in driver or settings, just check if error stops in the default way.

The problem is serious.
Many users can not proceed the flight due to the CTD.
When I was in the SU10 Beta program, I had no problems at all.
I think something has been changed after the final release, even though the version number is same as the last beta.
Now, I got CTD during the flight and even in the menu screen.
I’m going to turn off the computer for a while and have some time with my family.

1 Like

Add me too to this Application popup: EDIT Today 2 flights and 2 CTD after ca 1 Hour flight
Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.27.21.0: FlightSimulator.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x00007FF70B55FD44 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000010. The memory could not be read.
Since today I am experiencing this. Yesterday I flew 8 hour in total and not one time this issue. Since today this is popping up in at least every second flight (mostly my flightdureation is between 01:30 und 02:30 hours. The errors popped up in the first hour after round about 1 hour.
Using VR with Varjo Aero and OpenXR Toolkit
System specs

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on 20220717
OS Build 22000.978
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.978.0

Nvidia Driver Latest Stable

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX 3090 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM
Varjo Aero | Varjo Base
HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main MSFS Addons

Fenix A320
FBW Experimental Mode
FSCrew
FSLTL
AIGAIM | Latest Version
AIGTC | Latest Version (Not in Use)
+160 Addon Airports | Incl. 5 CityPacks

1 Like

How do you do a clean install of the driver?

i have the same issue but i have installed FSLTL for the trafic (50 for IFR aircraft and 4 for static aircraft), i have a GTX 1080 but in the next few day i change for a RTX 3080 I don’t know if this will solve the problem but I will feedback.

1 Like

My issues started when I started using FSLTL, not sure if that is the cause as I haven’t had a chance to fly without it and test.

1 Like

When you are installing the driver, there’s a button called customize, inside it you can select the clean install, they remove old version drivers from your system and install a new one.

1 Like

I have the same problem since I installed FSLTL yesterday, on two flights two CTDs while everything worked fine with update 10

I can confirm this.
I did 4 Flights today with FSLTL and 4 crashed today. I did futher 2 today without FSLTL and none crashed.

All 6 flights the same route, runways sids and stars (EDDF - LFKB) and same plane, procedures, etc.

FSLTL Injector was updated very early this morning, not sure if this update causes the issue.

I will do 2 further flights without FSLTL and see what happens. But I am pretty sure it´s FSLTL.

2 Likes

From their discord about todays update 1.1 (meanwhile updated to 1.1.1):
Bug Fixes:

• Renamed Toolbar components to prevent conflicts with other addons hopefully reducing the number of CTD’s caused by FSLTL (…)

Shortened, because this thread is not about FSLTL but memory errors.

1 Like

Strange thing is that I just changed the settings related to OC for CPU and MEMORY in CMOS setup to default. I think all the CTD disappeared. I am not sure which one (over clock for CPU or memory) caused the problems. I think I need some more test flight.

CMOS for Gigabyte board

• CPU Upgrade: set to default
  • Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.): set to Disabled

This is what helped me when I had these CTDs - reduce all types of overclocks - GPU, CPU, RAM, VRAM. They would still occur, but much less frequently so I could actually use the sim (was even able to complete a GA world tour, lol).

Which probably indicates that overclocking is not the only thing contributing to the likelihood of getting this CTD, along with all of the other potential solutions that have yielded some, albeit temporary, success.

I should be getting bored of saying this, but the problem really needs to be diagnosed and solved by MS/Asobo.

3 Likes

Indeed. But as I really like this sim, I tried “everything” to make it as stable as possible while waiting for an official solution. This thread is a great example of user support. However with trying all sorts of “tweaks”, there’s also the possibility of introducing more problems to the OS/sim. So it’s a bit of a risky process.

2 Likes

for me too

1 Like

I confirm, as soon as I use FSLTL, I have crashes especially on approach, I tried without FSLTL with the default traffic and everything works fine, I have updated version 1 1 1 of injector and even when lowering the ultra. I specify that I have rather a good config to run the sim.

1 Like

I just completed a 2hr flight using FSLTL the entire way, with no CTDs at all. I can’t say the update to the FSLTL injector fixed the issue for me without flying a few more times, but I’m glad at least this flight was successful!