MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

Gave it a try…did not get the memory read error. Just a CTD this time. Different but not necessarily better in my case. Took about 3 minutes. Did notice how sluggish the DX12 implementation is.

Same issue in the 146, only plane that CTD’s for me.

1 Like

Very lucky. I don’t have the 146 but get the error with the CRJ/FBW/Salty 747.

Again, it has nothing to do with addon planes or scenery. It’s completly random.

What bugs me the most is the absolute silence from developer side. Maybe they have no clue what’s causing this error message, or they simply dont care.

1 Like

I agree it has nothing to do with planes or scenery but doubt it is totally random. There is a reason why it works for some and not for others. Just wish we could figure it out.

And, yes, the silence is completely bizarre. For some of us, the SIM has been 100% unusable for over a week now.

1 Like

I’am not so sure about… I link the other topic : CTD and jumped into Visual Studio

Here the scenery Add-On is related… Of course we not know whether a change in SU9 cause that, or the Add-On was faulty from day-one, but at least it may be another possible reason why not all users see that “could not be read”…

PS: it is not exact same error message,… but just what can happen :slight_smile:

It must be a dilemma … Spend time to investigate and fix an error, that a “few” users are reporting, or work on the new additions and feature that (probably) MS is tasking them with, to increase sales.

We sit here in the MSFS forum, and discuss these issues, and communicate with each other, but we are only a very very small percentage of MSFS owners, many who are blissfully unaware of what is discussed here in the forums, or what is really going on with MS/Asobo/MSFS/Developers …

2 Likes

Same problem here since SU9, had no problems before with W11 and a NVidia GTX2060 card and latest drivers.

Had the memory not read issue almost two weeks ago, two identical flights in a row approaching KSGU.Maybe 7-10 miles out, over a small lake north of the airport, the second I went to external view, BAM(!) memory error. Next flight, Went to external view at the exact same time, just over the lake, and AGAIN, memory not read. I use TrackIR. Third time I basically let AP get me to the airport and never went to external view. Flight finished with no issue. I figured it had something to do with that immediate area near KSGU. I’ve been flying a ton since with no issues until yesterday. Approaching KSBP, again close to the airport~10miles out after just getting landing clearance from tower, BAM!, memory error. I’ve read in recent posts that plane doesn’t matter, though I’ll report it happened in the Kodiak in all three instances. 32 gb/12700K/3070.

Same to me on Win 10 and after SU9 , didn’t have that error before.
This started after install of SU9 and if i do lets say two flights a day i have it allmost at minimum 1 times a day…

Hmmm… Either they changed something server side or I think I may have found something…

Having given up on FS, I fired up Forza Horizon 5 and there was no sound. Silent. Started poking around and discovered that my default sound output device was blank. Went into Windows Settings Sound and selected my LG monitor as the default device and Forza sound came back.

Just for giggles went back into FS2020 to see if it made a difference. 10 minutes so far and no crash! No memory read error! Seems far-fetched but check you output device in windows sound setup.

I will keep testing it but still not crashing.

2 Likes

Back in business!! Can’t believe it! Not sure if it was the sound output device or if they fixed something on their side but I think it is happy again. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

hmmm… problem with sound devices is not un-common… but… this would be realy funny … I press all thumbs for you :grin:

Maybe they fixed something server side but I am working for the first time in a week.

1 Like

I am having also non stop memory crashes, never had them before!
The error message is displayed saying that it failed reading a memory location…

game is not unplayable…

I first get this in Windows event viewer:

Video.UI (2552,R,98) {293EB197-4C4A-4175-892F-9F8AEF50AEEC}: The database [C:\Users\Luigi\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database\882f736cd4e425ba\EntClientDb.edb] format version is being held back to 8920 (0x22d8) due to application parameter setting of 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat). Current default engine version: 9400 (0x24b8).

And then the crash 2 seconds later…,

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001cbb2b4
Faulting process id: 0x1fd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d862f7f7babfc9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: b644006b-56a9-4b54-a361-efc753376c91
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

same problem here since WU9.
I can reproduce the error on final approach ELLX (with scenery addon)
Every time im on short final the error occurs (scenery loading?)
No matter DX 11 or 12, tried both.

1 Like

Please folks, dont forget to vote. We need more attention for this issue.

Thx.

5 Likes

I just added my vote even though I don’t have the issue. Though I cannot imagine the upcoming hotfix not attempting to address this in some way.

1 Like

See above. My system is working now after selecting the correct output device in Windows settings-sound.

I hope it. But without any kind of acknowledge from the Dev’s & Mod’s, we can only guessing.

At least it is not in the current Dev. update: