MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

so far I understand @mjchernis correct, it was important to check windows sound setting and that in-game the same device is selected. May be he can give additional hints.

Our @Semor76 reported back that windows reinstall helped , which also points to a strange issue with may be a windows update or other driver update ( unfort. all these updates are often in parallel delivered to a msfs updated ).

I have no idea why only some users are affected and whether the sound-device-solution is valid for all users, but at least its a hint users can try.

Pagefile is often mentioned, but should not matter for users with 64GIG RAM ( we mentioned that in this thread ).

Is realy strange why only some users are affected from this problem… but… if I remember… we found already so many strange things ( e.g where Norton AntiVirus killed for some MS-Store users the installation , etc. )…

hmmm… then you might have fixed the “memory cou…read” thind and run into different issue. But not message in log… I remember not many cases in forum where this happens… ah:that was latest CTD, clean install and nothing in Event Logs - #4 by MichaMMA ( but not sure whether relevant for you )

1 Like