MSFS Application Error - memory could not be read

Yes, you are right. It’s the matter of frequency. less CTD but not the solution. Now I cannot even finish a short flight.

Hi,

I haven’t had this RAM Error message since SU10 Beta.

Now just now I had this RAM error again for the first time in SU10.

I’ve been using FSLTL since the first day and until today there was no problem.

I am not sure if it is due to FSLTL.

But I was really happy that I didn’t have this RAM error anymore since SU10 Beta… Again very disappointing that the error is still there

I’m really afraid that it will be here until MS/Asobo fix it and they don’t appear to be in too much of a rush to do so.

It does look like its chances of happening can be affected by anything that changes the memory imprint of MSFS and/or changes in demand on the MS servers, but either way, I think that it is highly unlikely to be caused by a bug in any of the addons that have been previously implicated. It might be affected by the fact that different addons are loaded however.

A real PITA issue that needs to be sorted, once and for all.

I just got this error, too, first time ever.

Sim Update 10 has become a total mess. So disappointed in MSFS right now. The beta was so much better.

Just got this error while cruising at FL380. Has anyone gotten a similar one?

I guess, yes! And many times. I got a brand new i9 PV with 64 GB RAM and RTX 3090 with 24 GB. I guess it does not matter. This is getting worse than having a girlfriend that cannot be trusted.

Yours was post 1,545 on a thread that is dedicated to this error, so it’s safe to say that a significant number of others have also experienced it.

Please make sure that you vote, at the top of the thread, and hopefully yours will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back that is Asobo’s prioritisation on which error needs to be fixed first. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Followed your guidance here and no problems so far.

Update: Nevermind still crashes

Just did it. Thanks. First time for me.

1 Like

I just got the same thing too; exact match for the “…memory at 0x0000000000000010>” Was on descent to KMIA at FL370; all good until this.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, 64GB DDR4 3600, RTX 3090, 8TB Samsung SSD… Very disappointing!

Were you using FSLTL too?

I think it should be noted that this problem has been around for quite some time and many get it with a empty community folder. I don’t know if FSLTL would make this occur more frequently or not but its definitely not the sole cause of this error.

We need this to be upvoted!!

2 Likes

Votes are used to get issues logged. This has already been logged. :wink:

2 Likes

Also, NEVER seen this one before (In MSFS 2020)-- trying to access memory 0x20 !!

Yet another messed up Pointer, mistaking a returned Status code as a memory location ??

just got this now for 2nd time today
thumbnail_IMG_1904
landing into IniScene KLAX with Fenix A320…uggh. soooo frustrating! i cannot land into KLAX at all geez

Do you know if it being logged is the extent of the progress or might some have been made in diagnosing and fixing the issue?

368 now , the count of posts doesnt matter.

you can check developer update page too

yes, pagefile setting helped only one,two users and we assume its not the root cause. The other thinks you can check is xmp profiles, reshade, sound-drivers… Otherwise we are still not sure about why some users get this error.

@ViewedQuasar810

AcPowerNotification.exe crashed , so check your system or uninstall these Asus tool, which cause often trouble.

I have the same problem after flying about an hour in the MD82:

Same here, aftet two hours of flight while landing in EDDB. Seems CTD has increased after last update. Sometimes simulator just stops when I click on the globe from the start menu.
Frustrating.