MSFS Keeps Crashing in Silver Spring, MD!

This is a Microsoft Store version of MSFS 2020.

I have been getting a very bizarre crash situation with MSFS. I try to fly from Reagan Airport DC to Logan Boston, with either Airbus A320 or Boeing 737-Max, and the software crashes reliably at Silver Spring, MD, each and every time! It doesn’t happen anywhere else, but it ALWAYS happens there. Has anyone else experienced this? I have uninstalled and installed the software, upgraded to Premium, and nothing makes a difference. The only variable I can think of is that I installed Windows 11 in the interim, but I have no problems anywhere else. Does anyone know what’s going on with this? It’s very weird and annoying.

I was having a similar issue. There is a thread on here about an area just a little east of DC that causes CTD’s. It’s supposed to be fixed in SU7.

Great to hear! It is just so weird.

Yeah, I kept flying the same flight over and over again and couldn’t see why it was happening. I’m glad that I found the thread and seeing that I’m not alone.

Can you direct me to the thread? I’d be curious to see what other people are saying.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pc-ctd-both-safe-mode-and-normal-location-specific-washington-dc-mall/

Muchas gracias! You’ve been very helpful. This has been driving me nuts :smiley:

What makes me mad about this is that a forum member found the cause and came up with a workaround for it and shared his findings with Asobo. Asobo has acknowledged the bug. They could have issued a small patch for it, but have they?

No. I cannot figure that crowd out.

Really, there was no need for the complications of a HotFix.

(1) There was a discovered Temporary “work around”
(2) They have fixed it for SU7

Just a few more days, if you are on X-Box, and cannot deleted the file, as specified in the temporary work-around.

4 Likes

If they made a hotfix for every locational error they wouldn’t have time to fix bugs that keep people from flying or anything else for that matter.

Asobo run a triage system where major bugs come first.

This seems to be the same issue as reported in this thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pc-ctd-both-safe-mode-and-normal-location-specific-washington-dc-mall/464127, where a work around has been posted for PC users, linked in the first post.

A fix is reportedly due in SU7.

Closing this now as a duplicate.