MSFS2024 Insider Program

Wake me up when the insider program hits.

You can put back on your mark of shame by going to forum :yellow_circle: top right menu / :person_pouting: Profile (at bottom) / :gear: Preferences / :person_pouting: Account page, and then use the drop-down for Title to set it to ā€˜Tech Alpha Insiderā€™ etc. Youā€™ll need to ā€˜Save Changesā€™ at the bottom to make it stick. A while back the titles got reset, probably by accident so thatā€™s how to put the mark of the beast back on.

I would also love to be in the alpha of FS2024 (I have a RTX 4090 an 13th Gen Intel(R) i9-13900KF, 32 GBS of ram) I think it would be nice to help out and report performance issues with my type of hardware that I have.

First they need to open an insider program. So far they didnā€™t say anything abou that.

Most of the folks that want an Insider for MSFS-2024 are the same ones that join the Betaā€™s for a sneak-peak and then leave. Then they complain that their game is messed up after leaving. lol

There are plenty of players who have an interest in MSFS and the incoming beta, who were not part of that programme. I have no doubt there will plenty who just use it as a vessel for a sneak peak.

1 Like

Hi,
Unless the communication is vastly improved I will have no interest in any beta or insider program, itā€™s very clear there needs to be much improvement to the way these areas are structured and I will not waste my free time if they remain the same as beta periods currently.
Thank you

1 Like

I was an alpha insider in 2019/2020 and I can assure you there was plenty of feedback back then and Iā€™m sure it helped a lot on the development.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure there was plenty of feedback. Iā€™m also sure many of the folks were only there for a sneak-peak.
If MSFS-2024 ever has an Insider Program, it should be a Closed Program. (by invite only).

1 Like

I believe all insider programs are closed, at least all of the programs I participated were, including the MSFS Insider Program. That said, if/when Asobo/MS open a new insider program, it will be through invitations Iā€™m certain.

I would be so interested in joining the insider program!!! hopefully they make an announcement on how to join!? Similar to what Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 did.

1 Like

I never can understand this POV. Waiting for final release to showcase across a broad field will only ever be bad in the long term.

I can see that problems in the alpha/beta editions can have a negative press on a product once people forget that it is a product under development. While those comments are made about a beta, then there is a plausible reason for product bugs. If it was a finished product then it would not be in beta.

The most honest criticisms come once a product is fielded to a broad selection of people. Making the beta closed to a select group will only ever create an echo chamber.

The very name ā€œINSIDER PROGRAMā€ really sums up what it is ā€“ Its not a technically managed Alpha or Beta testing Program, but instead a way for those who can get in ā€œOn the Insideā€ to play about with the latest version of MSFS. and to produce some Marketing Buzz,

With randomly selected (allowed) amateur, unpaid testers, a developer gets what they pay for - a lot of Noise to try to filter through and make any sense out of, while any valid reports can easily get lost in that noise.

This seems to be a typical practice of he Gaming Development Industry, but must work in some way, or it would no longer be the norm.

As for 2024, time will tell, and I am hoping for better results this time around, after 2020ā€™s pre-release public testing.

2 Likes

I will be more than happy to test as I have alot of free time, my specs are pretty good with an rtx3070 32 gb i91100K hopefully be upgrading to rtx 4080 64gb ram in a few months, what we dont want is what happened when fs2020 released day one there was still a few issues, like the 747 defult engines cutting out on appr and landing or forcing you into the ground without any inputs reading manually

1 Like

Ideally the reason people should be invited would be some form of technical proficiency which would lead to valuable feedback. This shouldnā€™t be the treated the same as handing out keys to IGN, then slapping a review embargo on them until it is released. Real life pilots showing interest should be prioritised ideally, along with anyone with an aptitude or experience of beta testing software. I know it would be almost impossible to filter out those that just want to get in early, whose very first bug ticket reports that all their third party planes have issues.

I have to disagree. They already have the technical assistance they need internally or through other means. The insider program is more aimed to test the users feedback. Things like performance or accessibility is more important for the insider program than the flight model for example.

They have to collect feedback about those more technical aspects through other means, the insider program is by no means the right tool for that.

TLDR: the insider program is made so the users can just fly and give their feedback on their experience. Also they collect feedback through telemetry about CTDs or failures in general. The more technical matters should be dealt through other means, with their partners.

1 Like

Having seen the quality of some of the bug reports here, I only wish you were as right as you think you are. :wink:

Whatā€™s wrong with the ā€˜Quality of Bug Reportsā€™?
Iā€™m more curious as to why most of the ā€˜Reported Bugsā€™ are being ignored.

How do you know they are being ā€œignoredā€ as opposed to being considered, and put on a backlog, because other things are scheduled to be more important.

Well, can you see the long list of ā€˜Bug Loggedā€™ reports that have been just sitting there for so long, or do you not read those?