My configurations have disappeared and the program starts up as default

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Brief description of the issue:
Help! MSFS has just started a new trick. It has lost all my configurations and always starts as if it were new with default settings. It can’t find my profiles for controls. I have 50 buttons programed and don’t want to repeat that. Yesterday, I started resetting the buttons and the first time I hit Apply and Save, it suddenly offered my old profile (that I couldn’t access at all earlier). Today, it is back to default again. I went looking for configuration files, but couldn’t find my saved profiles. Anyone???

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Launch MSFS from Steam or from desktop icon.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile) i9-9900k and RTX2080ti

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? no

Hi @Quijote1941,
Look at this post in this topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/joystick-profile-location-steam/362631/11

I reported it to Zendesk and then made the fatal error of letting Steam Validate Files. Now I see that as the best way to eliminate all local content. But I am reluctant to redo all my configurations until I know that they will persist…Since I am now down to 2 planes, how do I restore content???

For the 2 aircraft:
“Only 2 aircraft in the hangar” - How to install additional content? (First installation or reinstallation) – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

About using the Steam Verify:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/steam-verify-integrity-of-game-files-wipes-deletes-all-content/345886

I restored the US and Japan scenery and my Mooney. Still only have the 3 planes, but while tinkering with controls, suddenly my regular hardware profiles reappeared! I set them active. Now, the 10000 dollar question: HOW DO WE SAVE CONTROL PROFILES???.. See More

It turned out to be several different places where the files were being stored. After sorting out the paths and assigning them correctly, I downloaded a lot of files and again have a working MSFS. Apologies to the group for taking space…

No problem!

So no more CTD’s when plugging in your controllers? You can fly?