MYNN strange large signs at the airport

Yep, that’s one way to do it. Just rename it to something else, don’t create a new one. The sim will do it for you.

It seems that the sign is gone after doing so, but it also mean that I will need to inspect every mod one by one. :tired_face:

Yep. As much as I love add-ons, and there are many quality ones out there, I have to curate them, and then curate them again. Being ruthless is the only way to minimize mod conflicts and get the sim loading as fast as possible.

easiest and fastest way to do that is go by half… remove one half of your scenery addons and check. If it’s gone it’s part of the removed half. If it’s there take another half again, so you find the culprit quickly.

4 Likes

I would love to know what mod did this. If you ever find it please update this thread.

As perverse as it seems I do actually want to try flying through it as suggested earlier in the thread by somebody else.

It seems that it will be always remain the secret, because the sign is gone now without removing any mod at all. :pensive:
But on a good side it seems that deleting content.xml did the job neverthless. The thing was just that instead of restarting the Sim I had to restart PC.

1 Like

i also have this

I saw this too today. Strange.

I can confirm that this sign is back for me as well.

So far I have found that adding the following sceneries to your community folder will make the giant number 11 sign appear at MYNN: - (Most freeware) Cancun Hotels; SDR_Milford; EDDN; and the following from GLASGOW LANDMARKS: Kelvingrove; ibrox; and guni. – when I remove these from the community folder the sign disappears.

1 Like

LETS GOOO! I was rated an 11 on the landing!!

1 Like

I wonder of all of the people who have the sign - what are your addons?
I guess I have over hundred addons, so it will be too hard for me to say which one of them have caused it.

I had this problem too in Nassau. There was a conflict with sceneries made by
frangollo (LERS_Luces_V1, LEGE_Luces_V1, etc…). Disabling all of them made the annoying big sign finally disappear for good.

1 Like

My experience exactly. Glasgow Landmarks the cause of the giant number 11 sign on my setup too. It took me over a day of testing to remove this problem at MYNN.
I cannot imagine how this can be caused by a scenery so far away. Then I am just a pilot and no computer expert !

1 Like

So I don’t have the large sign issue, instead I have this…

I spawned at the airport with the FBW A320 and this was towering over me, covering most of the airfield. Has anyone else seen anything like this anywhere? BTW I don’t have any of the above mentioned add-ons installed.

Thanks!

3 Likes

From this, it looks like it could be any add-on that includes SDK sample in their file.

2 Likes

The sign 11 disappears in my system, when i remove Bijan Terrain Masks NH - Experimental 40-100 from the community folder. But now I have there a big white blue cubus.
I found, that AZURPOLY-TPM in the Community-folder is responsible for the sign 11 in MYNN.

For me it was a Kennedy Space Center VAB mod. That’s probably why the sign was so tall.

Reopening this if I may.

I don’t believe there is a singular issue that causes this (although I find it odd that multiple people have this issue at this one airport) as I have just suddenly started experiencing this sign issue. After testing multiple times, it appear to be related to one scenery in my collection, SCENE-Pointe à pitre - TFFR 1.3 (Pointe à pitre le Raizet [TFFR ] for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS) which I just recently downloaded to try some Caribbean island hopping.

To confirm, I have tried multiple times with multiple files combinations (including only having this one file in the community folder) and it happens 100%. Based on reports here, it appears to me that possibly there is something various authors are using (or improperly setting) in their mods causing this. As I said at the start of my post, what I don’t understand is why these “random” issues are impacting this particular airport.

1 Like

I’ve had the Giant “11” sign as well as a giant blue checkerboard box at MYNN - so far I’ve found that the following addons cause it: Glasgow landmarks; EDDN; EGLF Farnborough; Alps Aventure by Alpeaven; Quantum River by Alpeaven; - Still going thru addons to check it out. But these are the one’s I’ve found so far that cause it.