Navigraph Navdata Update Service BETA started

No worries. Their beta is far more relaxed - they just told someone that we can post videos on YouTube during the beta. You should see videos within the day.

@CinnamonInk8010 here one of your answer, see main post Navigraph Navdata Update Service BETA started

also here:
https://forum.navigraph.com/viewforum.php?f=14

1 Like

After Installing the Navigraph staff the load of the MS2020 take much more time.

From 4 Minute to 8 Minute on an HDD to be in the flight.

Anyone has the same thing?

It looks like more add ons, slower loading time.

Yes,

it takes about 5min to me but after next looks like 4??? I did post very important findings after first test.

[Navigraph topic]
As I mentioned on Experience topic??? did installed on 2-nd attempt DB ok. Now to problems inside FS. All working ok as we say about CTD, so no crashes forever during tests. Now very important to Navigraph guys. I did tests on LZIB Stefanik Bratislava which I know best, also approaches. I set DA62 as fine aircraft to do tests with G1000. For first look, there are more approaches and on MFD more fixes as first perfect check, looks really perfect as update did itā€™s reason. Now to that problems:

1. My NAV2 freq box on left up shows ok JAN VOR (freq 110.80) with JAN ID but on CDI doesnā€™t show, nothing there after selection on PFD NAV2. Nothing.
  2. Arrivals looks ok after my tests also from NIT (Nitra VOR) NIT2S and NIT2R arr for rwy22/31.
  3. ILS approaches for both rwys looks working ok.
  4. RNAV app shows ok but Glideslope (magenta brick) does problems, not working. Simply to arrival to IAF CIFER all looks ok, magenta brick indicator comes to center line as need but after need start little bit higher near start descent point, it comes fully up to magenta G indicator and with distance doesnā€™t move down as need, itā€™s freezed there.
  5. some LZIB vicinity NDBs as OM or MM (itā€™s names) flashes with cca 2Hz freq.

Looks good start for them but also hopefully found some problems. I did then REMOVE and all is working as before, hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank your the update info , following this closely. Keep up the good work seczimm!!!

Those who are able to install it (I canā€™t even get past installation) are having CTD and load times issues. As expected, itā€™s beta after all.

And their forums seem to be getting hammered at the time :laughing:

Thanks for this info. I still want it on record that Microsoft promised up to date cycles from their partner NavBlue in this simulator. It was a selling point and it hasnā€™t been delivered. This, along with the weather service provided by the other partner has been a major disappointment in a now retail product that people have purchased. Not good enough.

2 Likes

What another good addition (now sry donā€™t remember if also in previous versions to XP11 f.ex.) is including of VFR reporting points, what I saw as first check in LZIB vicinity. This is perfect also with better required VFR navigation.

Huge let down for me as well. Release version was already outdated, and weā€™re now going to the 2010 cycle.

3 Likes

Since it added EDDS, does the update fix taxiway naming as well? Would be great to hear.
Also worth checking are ILS approaches at LFPG for the 26R/L runways, missing in vanilla sim.

As I know, this is only NAV data fix, nothing with scenery.

Iā€™m not talking about scenery but the data where the auto-generated airports are created from.
If they added EDDS, it obviously contains taxiway data, so Iā€™d like to know if it fixes the other airports as well.

There are no taxiways on the EDDS addition. From the looks of it, itā€™s only there for them to test nav data in and out of the airport. Itā€™s not, and is not touted to be, a scenery addition. As a result, I wouldnā€™t expect any changes to the taxiway naming scheme elsewhere.

1 Like

Letā€™s see if this improves the experience any

Key word here is HDD. You need a SSD at minimum to be able to complain about performance.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious to see how it goes. I havenā€™t had a chance to install it yet. Perhaps after lunch.

I am a Navigraph supporter, and plan to switch to their nav data as soon as they get some of the bugs fixed. (CTDs and long load times).

But to be fair, you really canā€™t say that Microsoft has failed to deliver updated nav data from NavBlue. The nav data cycle that was current on August 18th when MSFS released is still current. The next AIRAC cycle starts tomorrow (September 10th). If Microsoft does not push out an automatic nav data update before the end of the day tomorrow, then you could indeed say that have not met their commitment

2 Likes

Well then the data is simply bad since itā€™s missing a whole lot of approaches even on international airports. Even LFPG which is a star airport. I canā€™t get my head around what is going on with that navdata in MSFS.

2 Likes

No question about that. I am surprised that LFPG approaches would be missing, but NavBlue AIRAC data even for r/w operators often does not include all RNAV approaches at smaller US airports. Iā€™m quite certain that the Navigraph data will be far more complete in this regard, but I would urge caution against being an ā€œearly adopterā€, since it is very early beta that just released today. A lot of users are getting CTDs at the moment when trying to load the sim with the new Navigraph data installed.

2 Likes

Where do we determine that the data belongs to the current cycle. I saw one person on a You Tube clip identify the cycle as old (on one of the jets). And there are FAR TOO MANY missing procedures for SO MANY airports that I simply canā€™t plan to use approaches using MSFS.

To say itā€™s current data is misleading. Surely real world use of this data would include the procedures.