(NDU registry change) Increase performance immediately! AMAZING!

Usually my FPS starts to degrade, and the sound starts to crackle at the 2-hour margin, give or take.

I did this, minus the NVCleaninstall - I used the NVIDIA installer instead.
Stutters are finally GONE! I thought that Iā€™d miss GFE, but it seems that I do not miss it.

2 Likes

I did the video instructions to debloat and saw some marginal performance gains. But the stutters attributable to the main thread limitation were still there. Theyā€™re not bad stutters just sort of loading stutters that donā€™t really affect landing.

My TLOD is now down to 150 but mostly ultra and high render scaling to try to stay GPU limited where possible. Most sceneries do fine actually and the problems are worse when flying the A32NX vs say the CRJ or something simpler.

Itā€™s crazy how well it works, right? I donā€™t miss GFE at all. I only used it to check for driver updates. Massive improvement for me. 'Glad it worked for you too!

1 Like

the best joke in that video about a magic ā€œhuge performance increase of unknown kindā€ is , that the creator of the video have VSync on with seemingly a limit to 60fps , in WQHD :rofl: This can in meanwhile handle my pocket calculator without getting warm :rofl:

3 Likes

For sure 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 165Hz - that mean he donā€™t know nothing about ā€œframe rate limitā€ :wink:

youtu dot be/-q6ZJIUnoqg?t=977 :rofl:

1 Like

I know, off topic, but anyway. I had the same, but I simply clicked on the installation path, confirmed my installation location, it calculated again and was down to a couple of MB. I donā€˜t know why it wants to do a complete reinstall but itā€˜s not necessary.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that was my problem, I redirected it but it still had me do the whole install. The problem was that I didnā€™t manually exit the beta program, so anyone that didnā€™t was forced to redownload the whole thing after being kicked out. I was wondering why I had nothing to download on the SU9 release date, didnā€™t know I was still on the beta.

I have a i7 6700 rtx2070 16gb ram. This solve the stutters for me. iā€™ve tested with 737PMDG and with the a320. Both above 30Fps on SBRJ-Paulo ricardo.
i think that what is limiting my fps the most is the 2133Mhz from my RAM.

1 Like

The tweak has been miracolous for me, it was almost impossible to fly the Fenix a320 from LEMD without CONSTANT stutters, now it works just fine and smooth as silk

ā€¦and yet the improvement youā€™re seeing has nothing to do with this tweak :melting_face:

This ā€˜tweakā€™ does literally nothing.

4 Likes

Virtually no improvement for me, the only thing that I have noticed is that moving camera around is a bit smoother on cruise alt

The fact that it does nothing for you does not mean it does nothing for everyone.

I can assure you I have passed from having 20 fps and constant stutters to 50 fps with 0 stutters only with that change. That is a very clear difference.

A friend of mine has experienced the same while a third one experienced no difference.

There was an issue affecting certain systems and this fix seems to solve it, so please donā€™t state facts without contrasting them before, you might misslead people not to try if this works for them, as was the case of many in the forum.

2 Likes

This worked wonders for me as well. With an i7 and 1050Ti I was lucky to get 20fps with stutters. Now I get around 25 with a whole of a lot less stutters

2 Likes

Sometimes there is no logic as to why something works, sometimes a change affects something else that inadvertently solves the problem!

So if a ā€œpossibleā€ fix worked for someone else and is easy to try and undo if it doesnā€™t work; Iā€™ll try it, you donā€™t know until you knowšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

This reg hack didnā€™t help me but the other possible solutions linked in this thread did so I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to offer solutions that worked for them now matter how illogical they may sound :handshake:

1 Like

This is a purported workaround for an issue with network monitoring that is years old. As long as your system is up-to-date this is doing absolutely nothing for you Iā€™m afraid.

2 Likes

My system was up to date and this worked, and there are even moderators reporting this worked for them so clearly it is doing something we donā€™t know about.

1 Like

a question : have you checked the version of your network drivers ?
Can you possible share the kind of network card + driver version ?

May intressting would be also a screenshot of what you can see in Taskmanager in ā€œnon paged areaā€ ( If you have time with enabled NDU kernel driver and without it ).

@Hugothester what we try to mention is, the the original refered issue is a memory leak. This fills up your memory and was caused from old network drivers. Therefore I allways asked about ā€œplease check non-paged area in Taskmanagerā€. If this will constantly filled, the issue is not ndu, instead you have to check for a driver update ( may be ther are other issues within these old driver then ). And a memory leak cause only low fps if the free RAM goes low because of it.

This statement is absolute non sense. Itā€™s just as much unproven as it is for statements that it does work.
Just try it (or donā€™t) and move on.
Tip: read first how you can revert just in case. Itā€™s not rocket science btw.

And for the recordā€¦it did work for me and it wasnā€™t a placebo effect. The difference was too obvious.
(before you reply, I have no evidence to back this up)

why going personaly ?

What we should not forget are the million windows installations in the world where disabling these WINDOWS KERNEL DRIVER is not necessary. Therefore we simple try to say : not fix the symphoms, fix the reason :slight_smile:

1 Like