Nevada Bush Trip - no achievement

SU3 wacked my simulator pretty good, my favorite planes were so buggy I took everything out of the Community folder and decided to try the simplest plane available, the Zlin Savage Cub. After a few trial runs, I decided to give the Nevada Bush trip a go. I actually completed it and got the achievement! Only a few hiccups (flight starting at 10:30 in the evening, too dark to fly, misunderstanding the route guidance, nose crash when applying brakes too hard, etc.). Early on, guidance was problematic, solved with Google Maps. Nose crashes solved when I figured out, once on the ground and slowing, keep full elevator to keep the darn tail wheel down. These and other problems were easily overcome and never failed once to register a completed leg. Haven’t the slightest idea why it worked for me when others are having major problems, but it obviously can be done. My takeaways: I hate tail draggers. I wholly appreciate Auto Pilot and Instrument guided flights and landings. Nevada and California bush trip legs are mostly mind-numbingly boring. There are somewhat straight lines laid out in the desert or grass meadows that are loosely referred to as ‘airstrips’, with the exception of Black Rock Municipal Airport (88NV), a 10 foot wide dirt path in the middle of a dried up lake bed. That turned out to be the site of the Burning Man Festival and the site itself is very cool! Not sure if I’ll do anymore bush trips, but it was an experience.

Bush trip Nevada: no NAVLOG on start menu; when leg completed and confirmed no visible leg table to select next trip; Flight activity is logged in the logbook… so what is broken and where to restore; Any clou?

2 Likes

Did you try returning to the main menu, selecting the Nevada bush trip and seeing what happens? That worked for me…

… of course; even restart sim does not fix it.

Problem solved: delete C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES\NEVADA SAVE\ content

I just flew the last leg of the trip again and after completing it, I earned the achievement.

I made sure that “developer mode” was disabled. I also made sure that all assists were off / everything was turned to “hard”.

1 Like

I re flew the entire bush trip and I’m still not getting the achievement. If there was at least a hint why this is happening in game I could attempt to do something about it.

I have also flown the Nevada Bush Trip (3 times completely through!) and not received the Goldrush achievement. I am positive I never used the Back On Track assist. All 25 legs have a checkmark, smooth landings, and it shows 100% completed in the Bush Trips main menu. Never have activated Dev Mode or anything else weird. Strangely, there is no NEVADA_SAVE folder with progress files in my MISSION/ACTIVITIES folder. There are folders and saved files in the other 8 Bush Trips I have completed, and I had no trouble with the Fire and Ice and Anemoi achievements popping, just the Goldrush achievement. Very frustrating. Any ideas how to get MSFS to create the NEVADA_SAVE folder and store save points? Why doesn’t the achievement unlock when I have clearly completed ALL the flights?

3 Likes

Hello,
Same for me. I flew Patagonia this week, even crashed sometimes, refueled with the button and flew sometimes away from the route. I got the achievement.
But Balkan and Nevada did not pop. I flew the route correctly and never used back on track. No achievement. But they did count for the completionist achievement. I think they are bugged.

Hello
Same also for me, I completed 2 times the bush trip Nevada. I don’t use help and the second time I be carreful to have the bush trip label after each step.
I have 100% to this bush trip and cannot get the success.

1 Like

Same issue…completed the trip without the use of any Nav Aids, no crashing, no dev mode, etc. Took the advice above and also in many other forums to simply re-fly the last leg. I’ve done that twice with no effect. The folder suggested above to delete does not exist. Also, like Oodelfjisk, there is no NEVADA_SAVE folder in my ~MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES folder but one exists for Balkans. This is not a new issue…sure would be nice for a proper fix.

2 Likes

Also, this topic should NOT be listed as solved since there are others who have attempted the “fix” with no effect.

3 Likes

The folders have been moved to a cloud with the latest updates. So your progress is saved on ms servers where you have no access.

That makes sense, thank you for that. Still doesn’t solve the core issue, though unfortunately.

1 Like

Hello
I tried one more time, I completed Nevada bush trip entirely now 3 times.
I don’t use help and I be carreful to have the bush trip label after each step.
I have 100% to this bush trip and cannot get the success.
I use a Xbox.
What must be done to achieve success?

1 Like

So last night I took a good close look at my logbook. Even though on the Activity screen it shows 100% complete (with no achievement) my logbook only shows that I’ve ever done about a third of the legs and many of them did not record a landing or takeoff. The typical logbook auto-entry bug, I guess. I started flying the trip from the beginning again making sure that it logs the landings and takeoffs correctly for each leg. I’ll let you know in a month or so when I get this done if it worked.

EDIT With the release of SU 15, I was able to be awarded this achievement.

Re-completed the entire flight. The first leg didn’t capture in the logbook. Against my better judgement I kept going. Sure enough, at the end the achievement still didn’t pop. I re-flew the first leg and then the last hoping that it would back-check that all legs were completed. Still nothing. Still no assists, no dev mode or anything else of the sort. Can an admin PLEASE unmark this as solved because it is NOT! Sometime in the future I’ll go back and try to do the whole flight again from start to finish. I’m tired of seeing the Nevada desert, that’s for sure. The only upside is it counts toward my 1,000 hours achievement.

1 Like

Still not fixed. I’m on the PC, Microsoft Store Version. Just finished the Nevada Bush Trip, no using the " Back on Track", still no achievement.

1 Like