NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

I can benchmark a thousand time using even the same NVidia drivers and I always, always have a different result, sometimes light, sometimes more pronounced. It depend to so many factors you can’t have something really stable even using the same tests protocols.
With my previous Pascal GPU I saw sometimes differences between drivers but it was very subtle, and re-running benchmark several times and result go the other way.
What we can be more sure, but you need also to tests lot of time, is more about the stability, smoothness of a driver versus another. v457.30 is without doubt the most recent smooth one after so many tests.

3 Likes

MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 Beta

3 Likes

Latest …

DDU broke my Windows 10 boot (like many more, search fix DDU, apparently works 99% of the time, and 1% wrecks your boot drive).
If ‘repair boot fixes’ don’t work, have a backup of your System Boot, I Only restored the system reserved partition and Windows 10 came up again (after 2 days mucking around)

1 Like

therefore I never recommend these DDU ( and other tools ).

Nvidia installer should be enough. Yes… nvidia is bit hungry about data, but realy “who not”, we work with MS Windows :wink:

3 Likes

Magick, thanks for the warning about this issue, I am going to stop using DDU. Fortunately DDU has never caused a problem for me over the years. I am not going to link to it again as there does appear to be a high number of people having problems, allegedly after using this tool.

‘If in doubt, leave it out …’

BRGDS. Charles

3 Likes

No expert on graphics and drivers etc, just adding my finds;

Was using the 457.51 with very minimal problems (no GeForce Experience and standard clean install). Maybe 3 or 4 (random) CTD’s in 350hrs. Did have the camera bug though. Just felt like I should keep my drivers up to date for my other photography software so upgraded.

Installed 461.40 and had a full crash just as the MSFS loading screen started (I think as the sound comes on)…PC turned off completely!

Restarted PC and started MSFS again, didn’t change anything, all seems good since (about 2 hours in various flights). Do have a very, almost unnoticeable stutter, very rarely.

i5-9400F
32Gb Ram 2666mhz
GeForce GTX1660 Super
1080p

The hotfix addresses the following issues:

• [Ampere] Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing [3195894]
  • [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode [200685971]
  • Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. [3208963]
  • [461.40] LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays [3244055]
  • [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display no signal message when enabling NVIDIA Surround [3230565]

On some Notebooks ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in NV Control Panel - System Information [200697069]

I have tried the new hot-fix driver 461.51, I did not use DDU to uninstall the previous version. Unfortunately MSI Afterburner, (Riva Tuner) is not working with this driver. See notification below. I may be forced to use DDU and see if that helps, if all else fails. I would be interested if anyone else has the same problem …

Charles

UPDATE: Re-booted twice and now it’s working!

Get Your FPS Boost here !

1 Like

I’m a little confused about this website because this sound like a good way to lure people into downloading a trojan on their computer to me.

The website is saying: Developer NVIDIA Officials

They are also offering download link to a NVidia Control Panel for Win10 whereas this is available from the Microsoft Store (official channel).

Why isn’t this downloadable from the NVidia web site then?

No official version and seems to be adapted for mining. I would keep my hands off nvidiainspector(.)com. See also here: guru3D Forums

3 Likes

a note: this is not since 461.51 and this error-casse happened in rare cases and can fixed with restart of Riva* ( or windows :wink: ).

But depend on version of MSI Afternburner ( and included RivaT ) there are since a while “similar” issues , which are not fixable with a restart :slight_smile:

on example I mentioned here:

We’ve used this Prog for Year’s. Carefully Scanned with no Issues.

I’ts very effective and we 'd be at a loss without it. Scan Scan and more Scan !

Thank’s for this ! We will Double Check this now .

Ok, its an Fork of ProfileInspector and seems legit from what i can tell…

It looks like an optimized version for “mining”???

This Guy is familiar to us and seem’s OK. Can we ask,… Mining What ? Personal Info perhap’s.

ps Should we Delete this Post ?

Hi Micha, Many thank’s for this. It took three re-boots if you include the re-start after installing the hot-fix driver. I did not use DDU, just the Windows uninstaller.

Keep safe! I have the dreaded COVID caught from the hospital where I work, (without any symptoms) ‘touch wood’. I have time now to play with MSFS 2020!. :smiley:

Charles

2 Likes

Probably for bitcoin mining.

1 Like

I tend to download this type of software from Guru3D because of the site’s good reputation. But still always tread with caution. I am cautious about downloading from anywhere else. Charles

2 Likes

Your Right ! There is an UpDate ‘Reminder’ in the Inspector that Pop’s Up.
This was Flagged as Malware by my AV and sent Packing.

I will Delete the Inspector now. Thank’s for the advice.