NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

I’ve seen very same thing on my system (RTX 3070), though not with the Hotfix diver - I am still on the most-recent Game Ready driver (496.76 I think). I experienced it 2-3 times last night while in a Zoom hangout with a couple friends. I cleared up on its own but definitely off.

1 Like

With the latest driver, I got the square landing light reflections back. Reverted to 466.77 for now, as I was sure it was fixed in that one.

Where is this new scaling function? Installed the latest driver but don’t know where to find it in the control panel

Eklester,

You have to enable the new scaling function under the NVCP ‘Global Settings’ and then choose a new ‘scaling’ resolution for your monitor from the NVCP. These scaling resolutions only appear once you have enabled it under Global Settings. Doing this will enable the scaling option under your MSFS profile in the NVCP. Otherwise you can use G-Force Experience.

BRGDS

Charles.

A post of current suggested NVIDIA/Win 10 settings would be great. I have been following this post since the beginning and have gotten lost in the various updates. Currently on latest hotfix, NVIDA control panel set to default and Win 10 game mode off. Getting good results with my 3090, but getting loading stutters/pauses that I wasn’t getting in the past. No GF experience installed.

3 Likes

Will try tomorrow.
I use a 4K monitor and very resolution below that looks horrible on the display.
Maybe I could now render in a lower resolution and upscale to my 4K monitor. Less stress for my CPU/GPU

1 Like

SU7 new Nvidia NVCP settings to try…

Msfs2020 *SIM 7* Fps drop, Stuttering & Tearing badly? Want a better sim Experience? - YouTube.

Charles.

Are you in dx12?

1 Like

I am on DX11.

Thanks, giving those settings a try.

1 Like

Not everything is correct in this video:

Don’t use max performance in power management mode. Max performance keeps the highest possible clock constantly, even on the menu pages. There’s no reason to do so, just stressing the GPU, inducing heat and power draw for no reason. Performancewise, there’s is no difference between normal and performance mode.

1 Like

Hi Eklester,

I am not the author of the video, I am sure you realise that.

There are a ‘witches brew’ of different ideas on how to use the NVCP settings available on the internet. So many of them stress the importance of setting the power to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’. Just like you, I have heard it several times to set it to ‘Auto’.

I use ‘On’ for Low Latency mode and not ULTRA. Fortunately my simulator runs extremely well most of the time. I sometimes get stutters after installing a new driver. If that happens I perform a clean install again and that usually fixes the problem. I have been known to install the same driver three times and it’s usually performed better after the second or third install for some reason.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone tries the settings suggested in the video and finds a worthwhile improvement with stutters and improved FPS, I keep an open mind.

BRGDS

Charles.

Deleted by user

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Well, that is a good result. Thanx for updating us. To get a slightly improved FPS rate is surely a good thing.

Charles.

Tried this new NIS feature… looks horrible on my 4K monitor and it’s only a refresh rate of 30 frames, which is also bad

1 Like

Eklester,

Is it possible that you could set a custom resolution for your monitor? I heard somewhere that someone did just that and said they had good results. I have totally abandoned NIS, lots of video hype about Nvidia giving us extra FPS but disappointing for me too. On the upside, I did get some worthwhile extra FPS with this latest driver without the aid of NIS. I have not heard much from anyone extolling the virtues NIS, (sounds like a US Government agency).

I have tested the settings in the video again and set ‘Low Latency’ mode to on instead of ULTRA.
Just been flying a circuit at Eagle KEGE, a great scenic place to fly. I highly recommend it!

Charles.

No can’t switch the resolution of the monitor, it’s 4K always.

But I noticed something else with the driver:
In 3DMark i get 18.239 score, where I got almost 19.000 in the past with my RTX3080. Best was 19.103 and mostly 18.800 to 18.900. I wonder where the this 5% hit comes from

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/184014/en-uk

Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Red Dead Redemption 2/Doom Eternal]: The game crashes with TDR or the system crashes while running the game. [200766423]
  • [Doom 3 BFG Edition]: The games shows corruption upon launch. [3407653]
  • [You Tube]: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or
  • during video playback. [3420164]
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling]: After performing a clean install or over install over version 496.49, NVIDIA Image Scaling resolutions do not appear in the game. [3434708]
  • Games do not launch correctly on GeForce GTX 750 Ti when NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled. [3442778]
  • [Notebook]: Black screen may be observed on some Optimus notebooks with 1440p/165hz panels when in discrete GPU mode. [3426730]
  • [Notebook]: eDP panel cannot be lit when booting to the desktop after switching to discrete mode. [3423400]
  • Using Adaptive Vertical Sync while G-SYNC is enabled may result in random black screen. [3437003]

Just update the driver to 497.09 ,

each time i go to the outside view in msfs2020 the game crashes , it freezes without any message…

Never had this before

how to role back the driver? never done that …

Hi Gizmo,

The term ‘rolling back a driver’ is misleading. Uninstall the driver using the Windows uninstaller. If you are brave you can use DDU to uninstall all traces of this driver especially if you continue to have problems with this particular driver.

I believe there is a 500 series driver which is going to be released soon…

BRGDS

Charles.