New Player bogged down in apps

I think there are many way to fly in this Sim.(to play this game) Just got to find your thing.

I’m a beginner as well with less than 50 flight hours.

I found out after trying different planes that I prefer planes wth basic oldschool controls, as I only do Bushtrips. I just hop around from airstrip to airstrip in various countries,

I have The Mobile Companion App on my PC which works together with my iPad. I could use the VFR map in MSFS, it’s not better or worse, but it’s cool to have it on the iPad. That’s the only external software I use.

I could totally play this program (MSFS) just vanilla and the marketplace (I have the Aerolite from there). No real need to install anything else.

It’s really easy to get carried away with apps and I’ve done that myself before. Navigraph charts is great for flying airliners, especially when online with VATSIM so you have current charts and navdata. Simbrief is really handy for airliners as well.

VATSIM is great fun and pilots only require one app (vPilot) and it’s user-friendly.

yup i heard about. Still would rather play DCS for my carrier ops

Not sure about that. But Little Nav Map, might be what your looking for? It is free. You can do flight plans and route following, import/export flight plans, zoom in on airports and that’s just the bare minimum. There is all kinds of tools in that program.

1 Like

Cool, I tried out the X-Cub a few days back. And was simulating heading into the mountains where I live, looking for places to land for doing fishing and hunting trips lol.

Thanks for that. I figured it was unlikely.

Can you use an iPad for the charts etc, as well as following the flight on a moving map?

I have access to up-to-date airline charts, it’s the VFR stuff and the smaller airfields I’m missing.

I am no expert. Just the noob that started this thread. I believe with Little Nav Map you do all your planning in the app. Then you can open a web browser afterword’s. It does have chart following. I have not really looked into the Web or tablet part of it yet.

Volanta (which does the same thing as Sim Tool Kit Pro) runs in a tablet browser or an app on your PC, both have Chart following. Not sure if STKPro runs on a tablet. Hopefully the flight sim Pro’s out there can explain some of the differences between all these apps…

There is a way also to bring little nav map into the tool bar at the top of the msfs screen so you can use it like the vfr map in the cockpit, I use this as I fly in vr. It s a bit limited as the zoom out only works to c6 miles but it can be resized etc. Helpful though to know what towns and villages I am flying over as I mostly fly ga at low altitude.

1 Like

Huh, that’s cool. How is the performance with the game, while using that feature? I already seem to have some performance issues. Even with an rtx2080S and 3900x cpu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.