New Release: Big Radials P40-B Tomahawk

I am not sure which light you mean? The map light?

The flaps switch does not move, because it does not work that way. It does only select direction, not amount of flaps. For flaps position, check your flaps gauge. #RDTM :wink:

5 Likes

I just made some flights with this thing.
It is absolutely epic ! Please donā€™t change anything in future updatesšŸ˜‚ it lands and takes off smooth as hell !!!
If i had to put them in order of likeness,since i have them all,this is the order.
1 P40
2 Corsair
3 Spitfire

5 Likes

Oh man thanks, that blows my mind to be honest! Thanks again!

4 Likes

Iā€™m getting this plane regardless, but has that sudden, uncontrollable turn to the left at 50 knots on take-off roll shown up?

I really like this aircraft and just completed a 2 hour flight in vr. One thing I did notice ,when the fuel selector is set to rear wing tank the front floor gauge reduces and vice versa . I am assuming the front floor gauge reads the front tank contents so would expect it to reduce when front wing tank is selected. Anyone else noticed this?
Pleased I bought it.

This is typical for this kind of aircraft. At 50 the tail wheel has lost traction and the rudder is not quite there yet. So you have to be decisive with your rudder input and also check your trims. Right rudder trim works wonders for Takeoff.

2 Likes

The right one goes more or less straight down. The left one has a line (yes, it is modeled) going to the front. I was confused by this too, but it is correct.

1 Like

Just took off from Wheeler AAF for a quick flight around Honolulu and Pearl Harbor with a flyover of Diamond Head and the National Cemetery in the Punchbowl, then back to base. It took me three tries to get airborne as I figured out the takeoff physics and rudder management. Flew out over the Pacific for a few effortless rolls, loops and a split-S. Landing was uneventful as was taxiing to parking. Gotta be gentle on the toebrakes, though.
GREAT BIRD!

1 Like

Thx for the praise.

Yeah, the rudder dance is one of the essential skills you have to master with this aircraft.

1 Like

She can be handful at first, but its a 1000+HP taildragger after all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was thrown by that type of control first on the milviz corsair oil coolers. Its not like volume slider but more like thr electric window buttons on your car. Its that sort of input for the flaps rather than switch type set up with predefined settings that equate to a particular flap setting. Its not even an axis really. In dcs its its a ā€œdown or off and up or offā€ type input system

1 Like

Looking great!

Any news if this beauty is coming to the official marketplace?

Also, cough, P-40F, cough coughā€¦

1 Like

i can see how it can be confusing yea. RTDM is the answer :smiley:

Well, if Microsoft would like to accept our 5 month old application, we would GLADLY bring this to the marketplace! :smiley:

2 Likes

and ive lost enough hair over a p-40B, dont think i can go on and make another variant :smiley:

1 Like

Gorgeous aircraft but I canā€™t seem to take off. Just as I lift off I keep triggering an overstress. Iā€™m using but a minimal amount of back pressure in the stick and I made sure to set the CG.

Aww, cā€™mon, thereā€™s hardly any changes between the two, I mean, itā€™s only a change to a Rolls Royce Merlin, (well, I suppose you could say the whole nose has to change), and I think they added just a little length to the rear fuselage, thatā€™s easy right?, and thereā€™s some cockpit control changes for the superchargerā€¦ cā€™mon, itā€™ll be fun!!!

:smiley:

1 Like

Who is releasing P-51?

1 Like

Aeroplane Heaven

Aeroplane Heaven Shares Previews of North American P-51 Mustang for MSFS ā€“ FSElite

2 Likes

Aerosoft, You can Google it, itā€™s $50.