New to VR , advice on which headset needed

As a quick guide, but this is with a 4090. I’m using VXDR in Virtual Desktop with HEVC 10 bit @ 150Mbps. 70% sharpening.
In sim, I’m using TAA with render resolution @ 100%. High preset with a couple of settings bumped up higher.
In OpenXR Toolkit I’m using CAS sharpening @ 50%. Fixed Foveated rendering with quality preset. Override resolution set to 4120x4120 per eye.
In my test route between Glasgow & Edinburgh using Pyreegue Dev’s airports for both and the Black Square TBM850, I’m seeing a pretty rock solid 67fps in flight and ~62-65fps at the airports.
The above is working great for me but I have the option of switching to DLSS Quality preset for almost 90fps or staying on TAA but bumping some settings or override resolution higher and turning on SSW in Virtual Desktop for a locked 45fps in sim (90 in the headset). I’m happy with the sharpness in the cockpit but would always welcome greater detail but at this point, I would need to go to a Display Port connected headset to avoid the video compression to improve detail.

There’s lot of trial and error to see what works best for you.

Thanks for the information. Based on your settings with a 4090 Im probably getting the best Im going to get with the 3090 . I’ll tweak a few more settings based on what you’ve said. (my favourite past time !!) .

Yes, wireless streaming is the one piece you can’t overcome as it requires a compressed stream so the image quality will take a hit. I don’t mind it though as I’m happy with the Pico 4 as is - no cables, no base stations, built in audio and pancake lenses - albeit not quite the edge to edge clarity some will claim.
Definitely use the foveated rendering as you gain performance while losing nothing in the image quality given the periphery of the lenses is not as clear as the inner section.