New Update 1.11.6.0 Crashes Title Often!

What happens to me now is the game crashes when arriving to Chicago Midway airport or surroundings. Not in several other places I landed, for the moment.

Same here. No CTDs before 1.11.6.0. After update to 1.11.60. CTD when returning to main menu (looks like CTD, goes directly to desktop without any Error message or so). Main menu only accessible with restart of the game.

Same here, random crashes, no matter which aircraft or starting location, pretty annoying.
Community Folder is empty, Drivers ( nVidia ) and Windows up to date, until the new update everything was fine for meā€¦

Wow what a response! Microsoft should offer a computer scientist in a package together with MSFS 2020.

1 Like

Welcome to the club. Crash to desktop without error message - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Hereā€™s their response to it all when I indicated that it was their update that caused the issue, not just for me but countless individuals here on the forum and elsewhere around the world perhaps:

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Nov 26, 2020, 17:10 GMT+1

Hi Barry,

Update = changes.
Changes = the possibility that your system is going to react differently than before.

Please follow our instructions and communicate us the relevant information if you want our team to look into the issue further for you. Otherwise, please visit the forums.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Really? YOU GOTTA BE FUC*ING KIDDING ME RIGHT?

Why not just tell me to format my hard drive too! ā€¦

Extremely disappointment, but not surprised considering who weā€™re all dealing with here!

Hereā€™s what I wrote back to them:
I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I run many games and have only experienced this severe issue since the update. You referred me to the forums. If youā€™d checked the forums, youā€™d find countless individuals with the same issue I am facing. Are you going to tell the masses the same? Rather, take ownership of the issue by listening to us all and remedy the cause on your end.

BTWā€¦ Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :slight_smile: Try to enjoy and stay safe! :slight_smile:

funny, because i havenā€™t been able to fly the tbm without crashing since october but since the latest update iā€™m back from elite and flying over the earth againā€¦

itā€™s so strange with all those hard crashes and this game.

and to whom it may concern: happy thanksgiving !

Hey everyone,

There was an issue introduced by the USA update that caused a CTD when returning to the main menu if you have the Instrument Flying training pack FS Academy - IFR installed.

Version 1.2 fixes this and is available in the stores imminently.

Happy landings!
FS Academy

So since the update, every time I attempt to go back to the Main Menu after a flight, it CTD.

I sent support DXDIAG, MSINFO. They asked for Crash logs, but the url for the instructions on where it is, is a bad URL. No response. This fuc#ng update crippled my game. Even when it CTD it will only re-launch a few times, and then Iā€™m forced to reboot, or the game wonā€™t load at all. Anyone else having this issue?

I heard about that issue but with the Steam version everything is fine. Not issues during the update no post update problems on my system.

since 1.11 CTD each time after 30 min flight , approaching big airports

1 Like

After 1.11.6.0 the system crashes to desktop after 30 min.
Before this update no problems.

1 Like

Hi there,
As posted above, if you have FS Academy - IFR, updating to v1.2 should fix the back to main menu CTD. The other problems are from elsewhere however.

Iā€™m having the repeated CTD issue as well.

So the subtle message is that by obtaining this product, itā€™ll essentially fix the issue. ?
Anybody else know about this?

Same here. A lot more CTD since this patch. Can just fly a few minutesā€¦

Hi,
Thatā€™s not it. If you have IFR then that caused one type of CTD, which is now resolved. Other causes are still out there.

Finally! It looks like 1.11.7.0 did the trick! No more CTD when trying to go to back to the main menu after a flight.

In all fairness I also received an update from my ticket, which advised me to perform a ā€œRepairā€, which I did just prior to the update hitting my copy of MSFS 2020.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store-Gamepass

Iā€™m curious to know if this helped others! :slight_smile:

I installed the latest update, but I am still experiencing CTD. I also, did a repair and removed all the files out of the community folder.

1 Like