Night lighting issues still present - The community solutions

@MiguelDB8, that picture is not a realistic representation of how your eyes captures light. The camera sensor captures the lights differently and most of the time the lights will be overexposed (overly bright) due to the slow shutter speed when taking a photo or video at night. What it can use is a bit more adjusting on the bloom and intensity. However, the lights in SU6 has improved significantly and they are definitely headed in the right direction.

I agree with @RC2018 and @GrilledChippie on night time skies being a bit bright. The custom filter that RC2018 showed us makes it look more realistic. Asobo should decrease the night skies to make it darker. I know there’s a full moon out currently that affects the perceived ambience, but I’ve tried changing the date where the moon isn’t full, and it still looks a bit too bright at nights.

With that being said. I really hope Asobo continues on tweaking and fine tuning the lights. They are getting there!

I also hope they will work on making the strobes and nav lights on the AI aircraft look more realistic, because now they look like solid colors of green, red, and white squares that look very unrealistic. Please vote up the thread that I have started here regarding that.

Square looking navigation and strobe lights on AI planes - Bugs & Issues / Scenery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

4 Likes