Night lighting issues still present - The community solutions

I had a look and your lights do look weird indeed, especially in the corners, making me think of lens-distortions like spherical aberration / coma.
I’m currently running with post processing Sharpening and Film Grain disabled in MSFS (UserCfg.opt) so this might give me less squarish lamps?
(I have no before/after shots of this, as I changed those values some while ago to lessen cloud pixelation.)

So I had a look at the Lens Correction option in graphics, and noticed I definitely get better lamps having lens correction switched OFF (which I’ve always done, so not sure if this is a new or old issue)
So I’m not sure if this will help you, not knowing your Lens Correction settings. But I hope it will help some.

Here’s the test scene:

The following are crops from bottom right corner , center, bottom left corner.
The following comparison might be hard to spot at native scale, but bigger enlargements can be found below.

Lens correction OFF

Lens correction ON

The difference might not be big in the browser so I included bigger enlargements from the same crops.
As you can see, 3x3 lamps grow to 4x4 lamps, which is a pretty big difference at 1080p.

Lens correction ON takes the rendered scene, and applies a “anti lens-distortion filter” , and applying a resampling effect with so many point light sources, there will be bloating during the stretch.
3x3 pixel lamps grows to 4x4 pixels, which is quite a lot given the resolution.

I definitely recommend those running at 1080p to set your Lens Correction to OFF for this reason. It blurs the whole scene slightly, making all the lamps appear bigger.

2 Likes