Night lighting issues still present - The community solutions

Yes thats what I m thinking too. Stubbornness is the right word.
However I think night lighting is a bit more bearable now than when we started this topic…not where we want this to be but more bearable…

2 Likes

How did you do this ???

How did you do this??

Search the discussion and read?

1 Like

Love seeing real high altitudes arial photos.

Looking at this one above it’s clear that the light being emitted thru the clouds is more white rather than the moody yellow we’re currently seeing in game.

I would love to see an improvement in how the light is emmited to the current clouds in game including adjusting the mooody yellow to a more white.

3 Likes

Thank you thats the answer i was looking for.

1 Like

I’m sure i’m in the minority here, but I much prefer the original release lights.

2 Likes

I think I do agree with the baked textures; these ones look astounding, and I think comes to show that the ground at night needs more contrast (and light pollution lighting the atmosphere to be far less aggressive).

Also mentioned earlier in this thread is that the moody yellow lights need to be replaced with more variability, since some places in the world have mercury lights as primary illumination, in which case light pollution would be white.

3 Likes

This still needs to be addressed a bit…

3 Likes

Totally agreed, seems like nothing more is being done for the moment. Still got those insanely overpowered obstruction lights on wind turbines, as well as sepia mask still being present, lack of variation in lamp color/saturation, no changes to the bulb sizes/textures and so on…

I’m still very curious about why the extremely impressive tech in early alphas was abandoned and we got left with this…

7 Likes

There are things I like and things I don’t . There are night views that I also like and views that I don’t . My opinion now on night lighting is not black or white, its somewhere near mid gray. I am staying optimistic but I don’t get this backlog thing and the ongoing improvements . Are we getting small improvements on each sim update or is there gonna be a major update sometime in the near future (when this backlog thing is replaced by something like sim update 7 etc)?
I guess no one can tell…

Seriously? This thread has 959 posts. Given the fact you made the effort to reply with “search yourself” you might as well could have replied with a link in the first place

1 Like

The what now?

you might be right, as much as it would have taken you less time searching all posts from this user in this discussion, and finding the answer(s) quicker than writing what you’ve just written. Like you said, there are already enough posts in this discussion so let’s try not repeating the same information anytime someone just ask for results, instead of searching first. This is just my opinion and I’m fine you don’t agree with it either.

1 Like

Could you send a link to the mod?

But, if I’m using live weather, that’s not an option.

That recommendation is to basically make it foggy at all altitudes so that I don’t see space radiating light on the horizon.

1 Like

For sure, I think this is something that should be addressed by the devs.

This game does pitch-black flight very well, though. It’s a shame that you need to be in a cloud or fog to be able to absorb it.

@FidgetyWindow65 is just realised they also changed the lighting of buildings to the worse, very toned down so from a distance you have no idea of buildings even being there, AND they changed it so especially skayscrapers get this uniformly lighting pattern that repeats it self over and over.

2 Likes

Some ppl man.

@AlexE75 has posted a series of screenshots exhibiting the latest WU3 outline/edge bug around objects lying in front of clouds and I find there is some very interesting visual info about the night lighting issues we’re discussing here*.

Some comments:

• It seems to me the halo around light bulb is displaying better than the last time I visited this topic.

• Light intensity attenuation with ambient lighting is really credible, but I believe lights are still too large at night. This is even more disturbing in VR than in 3D.

• Light size still doesn’t decrease with distance and it is making them a nuisance in VR where the most distant ones are creating a soup of light.

I believe if there would be only 1 thing to change first is light size with distance. And this is where these screenshots are really interesting to me because the reflection distortion along the longitudinal axis of the aircraft is showing exactly what would the green lights look like if their size would decrease by distance, vs the white lights on the edges which are not.

I don’t know for you but to me, the varying green light size is much more realistic (and they’ll solve the light soup problem).

*I’m reproducing some of the screenshots here in order to make it easier to follow through but the original link to the topic is found below and worth looking out: you can cycle an entire day time span and see how this affects runway lighting rendering.

Glowing Aircraft - Ugly bright outline on airplanes against clouds - #46 by AlexE75

5 Likes